VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

In the past I've been digitizing digibeta tapes with a Sony J30-SDI tape deck using an SDI cable, with a BlackMagic Decklink SDI card and BM Media Express. Unfortunately, I now need to upgrade my systems in order to be able to capture and separate the different audio streams from the tape to the digital file (i.e. stream 1 = Dialogue, stream 2 = M + E)

What I'm wondering is how I should set up the new system, with regards to what I already have. I'll most likely have to buy a new tower as well as Final Cut Pro X, but what capture cards would work for recording with Final Cut Pro X and the current tape deck that I have? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your decklink SDI card should be able to handle up to 8 tracks of SDI audio natively.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So far the only thing that the decklink card has been able to do is save the audio streams into one. I.e. Channels 1, 2, 3, & 4 on the tape will all just go into one audio stream. I'm trying to seperate the audio in the same way it's laid out on the tape, and not sure if it's a hardware or software issue, or both
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's the Media Express that can't handle it. The card should be fine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Right, but what other software would be able to handle it? I've thought of Final Cut Pro 7, but unfortunately only Final Cut Pro X is available, and BlackMagic design doesn't offer support for Final Cut Pro X yet
    Quote Quote