Re-posting from my old Latin America VID blog which closed last year.

USE ZIP (PORTABLE) versions to do the following.
For the quick explanation scroll down to QUICK PROCEDURE.

Was to be how to correct 3 VID editors crashing or hindering problems, but in not
being able to log in to VIDEOHELP when i wanted (~3wks ago) i forgot where (which DVD)
i placed the information i wanted to share.

Only remember the tweaking for xmedia recode.

A few yrs back this freeware began to improve its output dlls (more precise controls) ,
but by doing so plus changing the order of presentation menu's caused crashes as the order
of these menu's content clashes with the video codec's rigid processing procedures.

All i can remember was in using RAW in AVI it created the best m2v to AVI conversion
WHICH COULD BE USED IN virtualdub (vitDub). In this manner one can mux the audio
through vitDub, If one wants a lossless output (loses least quality, as opposed to lossy which means looks lossless unless one enlarges the VID) then enter the xmedia
recode raw avi into vitDub' as:

VIDEO>DIRECT STREAM COPY &

then enter the AC3 (audio) as:
AUDIO>DIRECT STREAM COPY
(don't forget to enter the AC3 interleaving delay number
under
AUDIO>INTERLEAVING>AUDIO SKEW CORRECTION.

Now to create a raw AVI what i did was use the last libswscale.dll that did not have a
more complex & more preciswe video control) that was xmedia recode version 3.0.6.0.

By precise i mean the new xmedia recode if one slides the saturation control (activate
it by taping on play slide IF CONTROLS ARE NOT SHOWING CHANGES LIVE) those
changes are at smaller increments were as in the older (smaller libswscale.dll + other dlls)
xmedia recoder the controls were not as precise. The older saturation of 1 is equal to 6
in the new that means one has better control in the new version IF ONE CAN USE IT.

Now back then (Latin America post) the last (FF/Lib combo) that could use that libswscale.dll
was 3081 (i think ver. 3.0.9.8 i tried but it crashed on certain loads) try the following on
xmedia recode version 3.0.6.0 then any later version before libswscale.dll fattened up.

FIRST! create an ORG folder to place the files you are changing in case it doesn't work
then remove the added & bring back the original from the ORG folder.

1] replace the xmedia recode Vv3.0.8.1's libswscale.dll with Vv3.0.6.0's libswscale.dll
2] open xmedia recode Vv3.0.8.1 FORMAT FOLDER. Open the avi configuration setting page
leave that page open.
3] Go to the latest xmedia recode (try v3.1.5.8, what i remember last trying) open its
avi configuration setting page. ONLY COPY "V21Codec=rawvideo" from the latest to version
3.0.8.1's avi configuration setting page between "V20Codec=libtheora" and "A1Codec=libfaac"
NO QUOTES & leave a space between each line.
. DO NOT JUST DRAG & DROP THE NEWER
CONFIGURATION INTO THE OLDER it'll crash the xmedia and cause other problems.

Now you can output a very good quality AVI (better and quicker than the well respected huffyuv)
that can be edited in vitdub either via a direct copy (lossless) or by using more filters
to create ones hearts desired FX. TIP be lite on the sharp control and add build on the
light sharpness with virtualbub filters

QUICK PROCEDURE.
So to recap:

Download these 2 versions via VIDEOHELP old versions links.
xmedia recode Vv3.0.6.0
xmedia recode Vv3.0.8.1

place Vv3.0.6.0's libswscale.dll into Vv3.0.8.1 folder

add "V21Codec=rawvideo" (NO QUOTES) right under Vv3.0.8.1's avi configuration settings
"V20Codec=libtheora" and above "A1Codec=libfaac" REMEMBER TO LEAVE A SPACE
BETWEEN EACH.

This will allow one to change the colour control and see the preview updating live, plus allow one
to edit start/end cuts and see the actual time being edited not codec lingo.

If i can find the other 2 hints to better ones editing programs i'll post it, i think one was speeding
up avidemux by 4 times and not loosing a bit of quality.

From the creator of the ml-d, that influences nature (weather) and still hoping some
entrepreneur can have it tested in Africa as it pains me to see (last 3 yrs) so much severe storms
i believe is being influenced by the ml-d since its been on constantly from 2010 but i
could be wrong, till its tested its just ones words (see wxu blogger "vis0" for ml-d updates/diary,peace