VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello Friends,
    Hope you all doing good. I am noticing this from 1 month on my PC that whatever videos I edit and upload to youtube, they all are losing their qualities. This was not the case earlier. Also, whatever videos I watch on youtube, they all have poor quality and they change automatically their quality in some minutes.

This is the link to my video -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrOPIcYKM-U

Please help me how I can solve this issue? And also, I want to know is this problem happening with me only or it's common?

Thanks for helping
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nobody here is going to click on that link.
    MANY people come here, ask a silly question about video editing or quality and post a YouTube link
    JUST TO GET MORE VIEWS ON THEIR VIDEO.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I am sorry if you find my questions silly. But this is what I want to ask. I would really appreciate if you could answer my silly question.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by radha389 View Post
    I would really appreciate if you could answer my silly question.
    That would require clicking on that link...and I am not going to boost your view count on YouTube....just in case you are
    JUST TRYING TO GET MORE VIEWS ON YOUR VIDEO.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    No answering to my question does n't require you to click on that video. I just gave you reference to my video. I am talking particularly about video quality on my PC and on youtube. You can take any video for example and explain me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In my opinion, all video on Youtube has appalling quality......
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, try Vimeo and see if it is any better.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by radha389 View Post
    whatever videos I watch on youtube, they all have poor quality and they change automatically their quality in some minutes.
    YouTube dynamically adjusts which version of a video it displays based on realtime bandwidth limitations. Most people hate stalls more than poor quality. Even if you manage to upload a decent version of your file, there is no guarantee it will play that way all the time.

edit: agree, vimeo is generally better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, very true. They bump the quality down if you have a slow internet connection. You can pause it and let it buffer though.
    Quote Quote  
  10. That video is a complete mess and made by someone that doesn't know what he's doing. First, it's widescreen but encoded with black bars around the sides. Why? Leave off the black bars and encode it for 854x480 so it fills the screen. Second, it's 29.97fps while the sources were 25fps. Why not encode it at 25fps? Every 6th frame is a duplicate and it's jerky. Actually, the whole thing plays jerky because the cuts are too many and too often (in my opinion). In some places it's not deinterlaced at all, in others very badly deinterlaced. In some places the aspect ratio is off. It's awful. Go back and begin again.
    I am noticing this from 1 month on my PC that whatever videos I edit and upload to youtube, they all are losing their qualities.
    That video never had any quality. Someone (you?) obviously put in a whole lot of work on it. It could have been good. But by overlooking some basic stuff it would up looking like it was made by an incompetent amateur.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, that kind of editing is an embarrassment to the company. You should be tar and feathered for that.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I lasted 18 seconds...

Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I lasted 18 seconds...

Hehe, that song was about to drive me up the wall. All the show-off fast edits and multiple screens made me want to vomit. I don't think he/she (Radha is a woman's name) really wanted to boost the view count, as is often the case. All the company sycophants already did that. I think he/she really wanted some advice. But how do you tell someone that put maybe 10-20 hours (or more) into something like this that it's really bad?
    Quote Quote