VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. can anbody tell me that which is the best encoding software that can rip dvd in 700mb without lossing the video quality...
    please help me guysss...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Encoding a 4 - 8GB DVD to a 700MB CD, you will lose quite a bit of quality. What final format do you want to convert to?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i will tell you only if you can tell me how many stars are there in the sky.
    software that can rip dvd in 700mb without lossing the video quality...
    - not possible.
    it sounds like converting Mercedes Benz into Mini Cooper without reduction in details and size.

surf the guide section here for ripping and converting DVD, you will come across many tools.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Convert to mp4/mkv with h264 video with for example handbrake,vidcoder,staxrip,etc. You WILL lose quality but it will still be good quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    If you want small size, then use H264; if you want play on old computers or players, then use XVid or Divx; file size and bitrate requirement big, but fastest than H264.

...without lossing the video quality...
    This depends your experience.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by k143hari View Post
    rip dvd in 700mb without lossing the video quality.
    NOT going to happen.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here we are in 2013 and people are still trying to fit a DVD on a CD. Unbelievable.
    Quote Quote  
  8. guys plzzz suggest a software that could handle these encoding settings...

Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=10 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=1 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=300 / keyint_min=29 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=745 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=3 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Quote Quote  
  9. You could try using mis2x264 to get cli arguments for x264
    Quote Quote  
  10. which is the best encoding software
    The Best is the one that gives you exactly what you want, In your case your desired encoding settings.
    Have You tried any? if so, what you are not getting in which?

It always keeps changing. Yesterday's the best is today's the worst, and Yesterday's the worst is today's the best. Real World Scenario : Bad News is there is so such things as "The Best".
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you COULD get 5-8GB of data down to 700MB without loss of quality, don't you think Hollywood or DVD player manufacturers would have been doing it for years?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KBeee View Post
    If you COULD get 5-8GB of data down to 700MB without loss of quality, don't you think Hollywood or DVD player manufacturers would have been doing it for years?
    Just what I was thinking!
    Quote Quote  
  13. The question itself is totally NUTS!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post
    The question itself is totally NUTS!

WHAT ?!?!

You mean I can't build a car that will do 4 seconds in a quarter mile AND get 55mpg city, 90mpg highway ?!?!?!

OY VEY!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sounds like Batman. lol
    Quote Quote