VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone.

I have a Blu Ray Sony BDV-E190 and i use it manly to see mkv files (movies) in data dvds (wich I burn).

The problem is that i can't fast forward it or skip chapters in those mkv files, because it freezes or stops playing.

After many searches and experiences, i discover that if i split a mkv file with mkvmergeGui into files with less of 2 GB (3 or 4 files in a regular mkv movie ) the player keeps freezing in the first file, but skips chapter and fast forward normally in the rest of the files! Thats weird.

My question is if you thats anyway i can re-encode or edit the chapter so i can see the all movie in 1 file with the ability of fast forward or jump between chapters.

Thank you and sorry my english.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use mkv chapterizer before burning or putting on usb due to that fact that some programs screw up the chapters such as mkvmerge after merging,what happens is trying to ff and chapter skip causes freezes and stops,using mkv chapterizer as the last step fixes that.

What sekininsha links to is just simple going to the next video with any attempt to use ff/rw amd chapter skip due to the player not recognizing the new cue writing done by mkvmerge 5.90.
    Last edited by johns0; 30th May 2013 at 16:48.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I spent hours searching for the answer and you solve it with a simple link!

I download the mkvmerge 5.8.0 (i use the mkv chapterizer too) and thats it: FF RW and chpater working!

Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to know. I didn't have a chapter problem with my MKVs or at least I thought I didn't. My problem was that if I fast forwarded above 4x than my player lost it's ability to go to the next chapter and I didn't remember it always doing that.
    Thought it was a player or FF problem.

Now I know why.

Tony
    Quote Quote