VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey, computer programmer based in Asia here.

My goal is an interactive LCD wall like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyV44YoBwqg&feature=player_detailpage#t=25s

The broad size range for the screens is explained by the fact that I can adapt depending on the size of the screens (4x4 for smaller ones and 3x3 or even 2x2 for larger ones... you get the idea), depending on how it will look and what I need at that particular time in the end.

I do not want touchscreen capability, this will be handled separately.

The key word being low cost, image quality is less important as long as it is LCD (LED screens would be too low res).

Question is, does anyone have experience/know of good source of low cost LCD screens between 15"-40" ?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    image quality is less important as long as it is LCD (LED screens would be too low res).
    If image quality is not important than what difference does it matter if it is LED ?

And LED is how it is "LIT UP" and has nothing to do with resolution.

And that looks like something either custom or very very expensive as it obviously has no frame/borders between them in the middle but you can see the lines where they are separate screens.

It also is not a standard AR for a screen.

I don't think "low cost" fits anywhere when it comes to something like that, but then again, I guess it depends on your definition of "low cost"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    image quality is less important as long as it is LCD (LED screens would be too low res).
    If image quality is not important than what difference does it matter if it is LED ?

And LED is how it is "LIT UP" and has nothing to do with resolution.

And that looks like something either custom or very very expensive as it obviously has no frame/borders between them in the middle but you can see the lines where they are separate screens.

It also is not a standard AR for a screen.

I don't think "low cost" fits anywhere when it comes to something like that, but then again, I guess it depends on your definition of "low cost"
    Maybe the OP is thinking of the digital signage one sometime sees, such as current "JumboTron" displays, where the "pixels" are actual LED lights, and not LCD displays with LED backlighting.

I agree that custom-building a display using several re-purposed LCD panels would not be an inexpensive project.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Maybe the OP is thinking of the digital signage one sometime sees, such as current "JumboTron" displays, where the "pixels" are actual LED lights, and not LCD displays with LED backlighting.
    Yes, this is it my bad.
    Yes, this is what I was guessing but wasn't sure about.
    Quote Quote