VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

I've read many other posts related to my question, but can't quite pin down what to do.

It's a simple problem:

We had an 11 minute DVD produced for our organization, but it wasn't authored with a decent menu. When you put the disc in, there is "a menu" but it is the crummy one with the big play button that looks like you put an unknown disc into Windows Media Player.

I just want to be able to add a menu onto the DVD with a picture with our company info and a simple play button. That's it!

I originally thought it was as simple as importing the .VOB into Premiere Elements, using their easy menu functionality and then burning to DVD. Obviously it hasn't been working, there's a steep drop in video quality. I've heard I should perhaps use ReJig to rip out the MPEG2, take out the old crappy menu, put in the new menu then reburn it with no more MPEG transcoding or conversion. That sounds simple, but is there an element of authoring to it also? How do I add a menu in? It seems simple, but where do I make that menu to simply add in?

What are the best, cheapest programs for doing something simple like this?

.VOB info: 720.480 (16:9) @ 23.976 NTSC progressive, 2:3 pulldown, 8 Bit depth

Please help!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This is what you mistakenly think you are asking: How do I pull out an ingrown hair?

This is what you are really asking: How do I perform brain surgery?

Your quite severe lack of understanding of the complexity of the task you propose is not helping you and it being harder than you are willing to realize is why you can't get it done. I lack the patience to step you through this arduous task, but others may be willing to do so.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use a free dvd authoring application like DVD styler. It should not reconvert the vobs.

If it's too complex can you use tmpgenc authoring works. It doesn't reconvert either. But might be a bit too expensive.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    If it's too complex can you use tmpgenc authoring works. It doesn't reconvert either.
    it does but it's called "smart rendering"
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    If it's too complex can you use tmpgenc authoring works. It doesn't reconvert either.
    it does but it's called "smart rendering"
    Not fully true.TAW will only reconvert frames that are not dvd compliant so most if not all of a compliant dvd-video will not be converted.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote