VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

I just changed my scarlet lead to a HDMI on the tele,LCXWHD1 to DVR19DTKB, however I also have a Toshiba RDXS3OSB, and before Istarted using the HDMI, which has a far better picture, I used to be able torecord tele onto the hard drive, when using the scarlet and other lead, now I cannot seem to get the Toshiba RDXS3OSBon the same HDMI channel, that could be because the Toshiba RDXS3OSB does nothave a HDMI, but I used to be able to record on it before, is there anyway toget the Toshiba RDXS3OSB to run on the HDMI that I have the other DVD and teleon, or with the old scarlet’s or whatever leads can I set this up to view onanother channel, then have the tele playing and record onto the hard drive, asI had it set up before, surely I can again with the HDMI plugged in.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5465/dvr19dtkbomen.pdf

http://documents.knowhow.com/TV-Home%20Entertainment/LOGIK_LCXW32_37HD1.pdf

ftp://195.35.123.32/CCFTP/Manuals/DVD/RECORDER/RDXS30/RD-XS30SB_OWNERS%20MANUAL.pdf

Wayne
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know anything about your particular models but typically HDMI means HDCP - ie protected material.

Although at least in the US the over-the-air material is supposed to be unencrypted and some "basic" cable/sat channesls can also be unencrypted.

Chances are its a hdcp issue that is blocking your ability to record.

Best bet is to use component cables instead of hdmi. That is whatever the equivalent is in your region of the world. Component will still be hd but won't have encryption issues. That is if your device has component outputs and is not disabled.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thx.

I was hoping to view the tele, too which I do with and onthe HDMI, and have component cables,not sure what you mean there, do you mean scarlet, or pins or five pin, alsopluged in, then I could watch tele on HDMI, and switch over to the componentcable or whatever, like I used to before, and tape programs on this, but cantseem to do this with the HDMI in, or do you mean use another cable, the componentcable, and I will get the same picture quality and still have them all on thesame output and be able to tape.

Wayne
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The FTP link wants a password.

Can you give us a picture of what you mean by scarlet? I'm not familiar with that description. I'm also confused by what exactly you're trying to do. Is it that you want to run HDMI direct to TV at the same time as having a secondary output to a DVD recorder for standard definition recording?

From what I can see the DVR19DTKB only has SCART and DV inputs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is what usually is the case.

There should be two SCART (not scarlet) plugs. One in classed as AV-in and the other is AV-out. It is possible that both can be configured either way. Your manual, which we can not view, will tell you.

Plug in a hdmi and it cuts out the AV-out SCART since you can not plug in both at the same time. However, that should not affect AV-in. The AV-in will be connected to whatever your tv source is and that is where you record from.

This is the arrangement I use. My sat receiver is connected to the recorder by SCART (AV-in) and the recorder is connected to the tv by hdmi which then upscales the signal.

If you mean something else then you must make yourself more clear.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like he may need an HDMI splitter and an HDMI to scart converter to do what he wants. The splitter is simple to get, the converter maybe not so simple.

Maybe these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270641169821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-1080p-HDMI-1-3-HDCP-to-SCART-Converter-Video-Audio-PAL-L-R-...item3ccaa1f838
    Quote Quote