VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Got this error when I was gonna do a backup of a DVD with DVD Decrypter

InterfaceThread Runtime Exception!
    Message = EAccessViolation

I have tryed using AnyDVD at the same time as DVD Decrypter
    and I have tryed different DVD Rippers like DVDFab 9 and CloneDVD2 but they didn't work.

Got any solution to my problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is this a new commercial dvd?
    What happens with the other rippers?
    Can you play the dvd on your computer with a software player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Now DVDFab 9 worked but it only rips the first menu..

It's a new movie (2013) and no It wont play on the computer. At least not with VLC and Windows Media Player 10.
    The other rippers just can't open the DVD, DVD shrink opend it but didn't show any video or audio tracks.
    Just DVD Fab 9 half works cuz It can open the DVD and rip but only the first root menu, and that plays on the computer after ripping it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How 'new' is the movie, exactly? If it's a relatively recent release, chances are DVDFab (and AnyDVD) will have to be updated to handle the protection scheme the DVD uses.

It wouldn't hurt to mention what the movie is, however, so others here might be able to test it and say for sure whether or not it's a protection issue, or something else.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Decrypter cannot handle what is known as bad sector copy protection. This is mostly used in region 1 DVDs, but it has been reported in other regions as well. Bad sector copy protection changes every few months and people have to wait for DVDFab and AnyDVD to be updated before they can successfully rip such discs.

The DVD should be playable on your PC. The fact that WMP can't play it proves nothing as WMP is a piece of crap anyway. VLC should be able to handle it. Maybe this disc is trying a variation on the evil crap that they do on VCDs in India, Pakistan and Bagladesh where they try to stop copying by not allowing the disc to play on a PC at all. Those VCDs also use a variation on the bad sector copy protection that DVDs use. Here in the US the only DVDs that come with a warning that they may not play on a PC are some Warner Archives DVDs that are burned on demand to DVD-R and use some sophisticated anti-copy features that work so well that some PCs can't even play the discs.

As always, naming the DVD would be helpful as others may know something about it, but you might search on the internet to see if others are reporting ripping or playback problems with it. There's always some chance that the disc is simply damaged so if you can't find any references to others having problems, you might try to exchange it while you still can.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Got it to work when I updated DVDFab 9, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. hey bro by any chance did you get the dvdfab 9 crack version..i tried down loading it and all i got was a free trial.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    konfidential79, asking about Warez on our site will get you banned. Please read our rules before posting.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  9. then **** it ban me hahaha
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Bye bye. Just use free backup tools like makemkv instead.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm getting the same problem with WWZ in DvdDecrypter. The dvd plays in WMP, but it's green-pixelated & very very distorted like a scratched up disc would be. It will not play at all with VLC, in fact my dvd/cd drive on my laptop is making crazy noises trying to play it atm.

This is a first for any 2013 dvd i've tried so far.

I'll try some of the other programs suggested here & the in some of the other forums. I'm not tech savvy in the least, but I think Paramount has us beat in the ripping department. lol
    Quote Quote  
  12. I tried to rip my World War Z dvd to my computer and it was almost impossible. WMPlayer won't play it, VLC won't play it. I tried DVD Decrypter no luck, Handbrake only found the previews and made crazy noises while scanning the dvd as well. I did have success with MakeMKV though.

I did some research on it and found that these dvds have a new 99 title formatting making them tough for programs to find the actual main feature on the dvd but other than that not really any help.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No problem here with World War Z, I used Anydvd HD when the movie first came out.
    Quote Quote