VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I recently saw a movie at a friends house that had amazing visual quality, at an unbelievably small size. Around one gig, give or take. She said it was MP4 from a blu ray disc. But those are huge in size. And it looked and sounded about as good as the original. Close enough, anyway. I would want to put all my blu rays on a hard drive video player. If I can get them down to 1 gig in size, I should be able to store more on the drive. How would I go about doing this with my blu ray collection ? Is MP4, to video, what MP3 is to audio ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No. It wasn't blu-ray quality. Probably around 720p or a bit lower.

You can always try for example ripbot264, handbrake, megui, etc. Use h264 video and aac audio in a mp4 or mkv container. Rip/decrypt with anydvdhd.

But if you want superb quality in just 1gb you must spend ages tweaking video settings. You wont find any magic all-in-one solution.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Another good option is BD-Rebuilder
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Would taking blu ray down to dvd net better quality than dvd to dvd ? If that makes sense to you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Possibly. BD > DVD9 or 5 --- DVD9/5 > DVD 9/5?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dvd5
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    BD > DVD 9 I'd say yes, for movie only, as you could use the full disc just for the movie. To DVD 5 maybe. Try it and compare
    Quote Quote