VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I am a young film director and I am about to release my new film in the movie theaters in Central Europe. Some cinemas request Blu ray, but I don't like the main concept H.264 codec, neither the mpeg2. I am very impressed with x264, but it is too technical. I have zero programming skills and don't know, how to encode my dpx-sequence. Could somebody help me please and give me a step-by-step tutorial for dummies, how encode my dpx-sequence to x264, so I can compile it with sound in Adobe Encore? I read all the sticky threads, but all attempts to create a functional x264 blu ray disk failed so far.

I ask for your kind help, I don't want to ruin my new movie with a crappy codec. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you familiar with how to use a command-line application?

http://www.x264bluray.com/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I tried to use x264.exe and command prompt, but didn't succeeded. I successfully encoded an uncompressed avi file with StaxRip, but Adobe Encore wants to transcode the mp4-file, which defeats the purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I too was having problems getting a X264 encode to be accepted by several authoring programs w/o re-compresssing and got a lot of help. Look under the Blu-Ray forum https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/46-Authoring-%28Blu-ray%29 there is a lot of helpful information there. MeGUI gives a menu driven (windows) interface to X264 and with a little experience will let you do what you want. I am using Encore and can import a proper X264 output into Encore w/o any re-compressing. I use raw x.264 video and a separate ac3 audio file. Both can be produced with X264 using MeGUI.

rcubed
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you for good advices. It works. Now I have a x264 blu ray disc. Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by quad122 View Post
    Thank you for good advices. It works. Now I have a x264 blu ray disc. Thank you very much.
    quad122
    Glad to hear you got it sorted out. The re-compression issue can be a really hard nut to crack. Thank goodness for the experts here who can give you and me advice. They were really helpful when I was having the same problem(s).

rcubed
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, it's a great forum. Thanks!
    Quote Quote