VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. [Removed original post]
    Last edited by Tri P; 14th Oct 2021 at 09:32.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have a PAL/NTSC conversion with field blending. Try Yadif(mode=1, order=1).SRestore() instead of TFM().TDecimate(). Or (better but slower) QTGMC().SRestore().
    Last edited by jagabo; 4th May 2013 at 09:31.
    Quote Quote  
  3. [Removed original post]
    Last edited by Tri P; 14th Oct 2021 at 12:27.
    Quote Quote  
  4. SRestore() was your best bet for automated removal of blended fields. You could go through the entire video and replace remaining blended frames manually with ReplaceFramesSimple(). That will be a lot of work. Your best bet is to find a version that doesn't have blended fields, ie, a native PAL or NTSC release.
    Quote Quote  
  5. [Removed original post]
    Last edited by Tri P; 14th Oct 2021 at 09:34.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The actual 'base' framerate is 23.976fps so you'll have better results with fewer remaining blends using:

Yadif(Mode=1)
    SRestore(Frate=23.976)

And when checking for the blending, don't do a lot of 'hopping around' in the timeline. Sort of 'sneak up' on a section you want to check out by moving the VDub slider to a part before the section and then advancing to it. Moving all around can throw SRestore off.
    Quote Quote  
  7. [Removed original post]
    Last edited by Tri P; 14th Oct 2021 at 09:33.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, Yadif doesn't do well with thin horizontal lines. Especially during motion and film bounce.

Looking more closely, I don't think the blended fields are from a frame rate conversion but rather from an over aggressive temporal noise filter. QTGMC().SRestore(frate=23.976) did fairly well.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Tri P View Post
    Hmm,for me it's not such a big difference and also the Yadif deinterlacer is causing some of the details ''shaking'' more than QTMGC on the screen.
    Hmm yourself. My point was you have to get the framerate right for best results. jagabo had already mentioned using the better QTGMC. When testing, though, QTGMC is too slow for me when stepping through frames quickly. You don't think an extra frame every second isn't such a big difference, if it also results in poorer unblending?

When scrolling up the wall in the beginning, you don't notice the jerky playback from there being one blended or duplicate frame every second if doing it for 25fps? Or the parts drawn for 8fps, every second there's a 4th frame, making jerky anime play even more jerky than usual.
    Quote Quote  
  10. [Removed original post]
    Last edited by Tri P; 14th Oct 2021 at 09:33.
    Quote Quote