VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks,

I use AviDemux Portable, I have several different versions on my laptop ... well I wanted to run an MP4 file from YouTube thru it to re-save it as MP4 again. The reason I do this is because some MP4 files from YouTube Crashes my Netgear EVA9100 Media Player ... and I have Not been able to pinpoint the reason why!?!? But running it thru AviDemux solves my problem.

Anyway, I wanted to run a MP4 file thru AviDemux and I noticed something very Odd thing ... there was No Audio when I was playing back the Video file in AviDemux. I checked the file in VLC and sure enough there is an Audio in the video file and sounds just fine.

I tried many MP4 files with different AviDemux Versions that I have on my laptop.

The only versions that had Audio were versions "AVIDemux 2.5 r7200 Portable" and "AVIDemux 2.5.6-1 r7716 Portable".

Versions "AVIDemux 2.6 r7719 Portable" and above including latest Beta "AVIDemux 2.6 r8494 Portable" can NOT play the Audio ... video plays just fine.

Q1: Has anyone run into this problem? And how can I fix it?

Q2: Is there another program that can replace AviDemux with Similar Functionality?

Thanks!

G!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try remux/resave with it mp4box or a gui for it like mymp4boxgui, add the mp4 and make a new mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Baldrick! ^^

Baldrick, do you have any ideas Why AviDemux new versions have No Audio!?!?

Thanks,

G!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    AC3 audio?
    Hi Jagabo,

Actually the Audio is AAC, 2 channels, 44.1KHz, 116Kbps ... standard YouTube stuff.

G!
    Quote Quote