VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why do the Generated Media animations "loop" in Sony Vegas?
    I simply want my text to eg, slide in from the right and then stay there?
    If I cut at the point the motion stops and add a second static clip it NEVER lines up perfectly with the animated text (unless you have 2 hours to make it!!!).
    If I time stretch the clip then the text comes in too slowly!
    Any ideas that dont take an eternity to complete?
    Thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make certain that the length of the clip in "Edit Generated Media" is exactly the same as the length of the clip on your time-line. At least in VMS 11 having the time-line clip longer than what you told the generated media properties will cause it to loop. If your time-line clip is too short, it won't complete the action.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Steve Stepoway View Post
    At least in VMS 11 having the time-line clip longer than what you told the generated media properties will cause it to loop.
    Ah Ha! So where do I find the preference setting to tell the "generated media" how long to be when I create it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not at my editing system at the moment, but IIRC, at the top of the window where you set properties (text/font/color/etc) for the text event there's a time box that shows hrs : minutes : seconds ; frames. I think mine defaults to 5 seconds. You can change the time after you've got it in the time-line (right-click -> edit generated media), so it doesn't have to be right to start. I ran into this the first time I tried to do a credit roll.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Compo View Post
    where do I find the preference setting to tell the "generated media" how long to be when I create it?
    This may be an old technique, but one way to do it is to create a selection area on the timeline for the size you want, right-click the track in that selection area, insert the generated media.
    Note that in Titles&Text, you can change the length of the event, which will change the duration of the animation. However, that also changes the duration of the text itself. No modifications are possible to the animation sequences themselves.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Keyframes.

Most every property can be keyframed.

Keyframing is the most commonly used tool in animation.

Keyframes define the behaviors and appearances over time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is also interesting!
    Seems to work too?

:Found in another of my posts!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snap318.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	17625  

Quote Quote