VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I burn a Video_TS Folder in a hard disk directory to a USB FLash Drive so I can be played like a dvd? John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Where will the USB flash drive be played? On the computer? An HDD/SD media player? A blu-ray player with a USB port (and similar players)? A TV with a USB port?
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Computer, TV, Google TV. I would like to rip it to another directory on the hard drive to aviation files into several aviation files. I have a 8gig flash drive and dvdfab. Or is there a app that converts video_TS to an .avifile? So I can create the subsequent files from the Bob files? John
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's a whole lot of je ne sais quoi, there!

Aka, a mishmash of misused terms and incomplete ideas. You would get more helpful info with a clearer and more thorough description of what you have and what you want...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, all that has nothing to do with "burning" at all......
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a 8 gig USB flash drive that I would like to author/burn a video_ts folder on my hard disk , so it could read like a movie dvd so then I can extract and convert them to avifiles! John
    Quote Quote  
  7. This needs a little guiding so that we can get you where you want to go. As I understand what you wrote:
    On a hard drive on your desk top computer you have a video_ts folder (presumably from a ripped DVD).
    You want to convert the VOB files inside this folder to avi files that you will copy (you can't burn to electronic media) to the 8gb USB stick.
    You want to play the results on a media player/computer that can play from a USB stick.

Is my interpretation correct?

Once we know exactly what you have and what you would like to do then we can help you get it done.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After reading about gooogle TV. I noticed that Google TV doesn't play v.o.b. files. But it does play a.v.I files. So I would like to break the files from the video_TS directory. Can I do this from a directory on a hard drive? What do. I.use.to do this? John
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could either create an ISO and copy to the thumb drive or convert to what your player will play. If you have a TV that will play video from a thumb drive then it should be able to play H264 MKV or MP4.

DVDFAB can convert the DVD structure to different file types using DVD to Mobile.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First, you READ THE MANUAL to find out what specific formats Google TV will accept (both container:AVI, MKV, MP4, etc, and video codecs: h.264, divx/xvid, mpeg2, etc, as well as audio codecs: ac3, aac/m4a, mp3, dts, etc). Make sure your combinations are stated as working together.
    Then do a search here on tools that can do the conversion. For example, if you found that GTV liked h.264+AC3 in MKV, you would search for a tool(s) that did VOB/MPEG2 conversion to that destination (such as the wonderful Handbrake).

Only once it has already been converted should you copy the converted file to your USB (which should likely be formatted for FAT32 for greatest compatibility, though this does have limitations of filesize).

Scott
    Quote Quote