VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm using PowerDirector 10 to make a blu ray disk with a few movies on it. I'm having two problems, with the second being the critical one. First, when I try to add a song in the Menu Background box (the original song is "Wedding 1"), it simply won't appear in the box field. The song opens in the window where you can alter its duration and chose whether or not to fade in/out, etc., but it won't appear in the final Menu Background field. I also cannot type in this field. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?

Second, and the real critical problem is this: The last movie I'm trying to add was actually produced using PowerDirector 10, and ironically, it's saying "format not supported" when I try to add the movie to the file list that I want to put on the disk. The other movies are added without problem. As I said, all of the other movies add without problem, and yet this is the only movie rendered via PowerDirector 10. It's produced as an MPEG-4, using 29.97 frame rate, 1280 X 720 resolution and a 6000 bit rate. I'm including both movie profiles for inspection, with the second being the one that says it's an incompatible format. PLEASE HELP! How can I get it into the right format, even though they both appear to have the same profile!!

MovieOne

FileType: MP4

FileSize: 2.18 GB

Video

Type:H.264 AVC

Duration:01:59:18:23

Bitrate:2.43 Mbps

Resolution:1280 X 720

FrameRate: 29.97 fps

AspectRatio: 16:9

Profile:High Profile

FrameType: Progressive

Audio

Type:AAC

SamplingRate: 44 kHz

Bitrate:192 Kbps

Channel:Stereo

MovieTwo

FileType: MP4

FileSize: 16.60 GB

Video

Type:H.264 AVC

Duration:06:28:42:18

Bitrate:5.73 Mbps

Resolution:1280 X 720

FrameRate: 29.97 fps

AspectRatio: 16:9

Profile:Main Profile

FrameType: Progressive

Audio

Type:AAC

SamplingRate: 48 kHz

Bitrate:384 Kbps

Channel:Stereo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'd guess you have an audio problem. aac is not an allowed blu-ray audio.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great...... Well why would PowerDirector render it as AAC?? I'm beginning to think this program sucks... But why is it allowing the first video to be added to the file list and not the second, when they're both AAC? What audio format should I convert to? And how do I do it? Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well if you check what is blu-ray in the upper left of the page - https://www.videohelp.com/hd - allowed audio is ac3, dts, wav. how you get pd10 to create it is up to you.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote