VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've tried the other hacks people have posted for older models but nothing seems to work. Hope there is some help out there
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Good luck. You will need it.

1) Almost everything sold by Samsung and Sony in the world CANNOT be unlocked. There are some exceptions, mostly for people in Australia and New Zealand. And if you find a BluRay player that you can actually unlock, it will be for DVD playback only.
    2) The vast majority of BluRay players in the world cannot be unlocked. Ever. Not even just for DVD playback.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I only want to unlock it for DVD playback, the E5300 hack seems to be working fine for most, hopefully something will turn up
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dylanisis View Post
    I only want to unlock it for DVD playback, the E5300 hack seems to be working fine for most, hopefully something will turn up
    Working on BD-F5100 or working on E5300? Big difference.

If others have reported it working on the BD-F5100 then probably you have different (newer) firmware then them or it only works on models sold in other parts of the world (ie. Australia). You can see if you can find an older firmware to downgrade to but do note that with some players it is impossible to downgrade firmware. Manufacturers do change hardware and/or firmware on the exact same model during production and those changes can break hacks that worked in the past.

The bottom line is - if you want region free, do not buy Sony or Samsung.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Tried the posted hack for Australian BD-F5100 on my German model for half a day. If someone is successful on a European Model, please tell me, before I waste my time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Sydney Australia - Region 4 wanting to go to all regions = 9
    I just tried the following.... successfully for the Samsung BD-F5100
    Using the REMOTE CONTROL
    1. Power ON with no DISC inside
    2. Open tray
    3. At the bottom of the remote control there is a BLACK ONLY button between (A-B) & (SCREEN)... press this button.
    4. Enter your region code. For me, Australia=Region 4 so i entered 76884. The other regions are:
    .....Region 1=29334
    2=57538
    3=56732
    4=76884
    5=53814

After i had hit the blank button & entered 76884 the number '4 appeared top left on the screen (region 4). As soon as that appears hit button 9 (=all regions)
    5. Power off and then On again
    6. Play a foreign DVD to confirm.
    Good luck

Major Spike
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently purchased the Samsung BD-F5100 Bluray player and I tried the hack mentioned here several times, but haven't been able to successfully hack my machine. I am in Portugal (Region 2) and my model comes with the AK59-00149A remote control. Can anyone help me?
    Quote Quote  
  8. tried this region hacks so far not working but will look for other hacks ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Again - if you want to unlock Sony or Samsung players you are WASTING YOUR TIME. Odds are huge that it will NEVER work. Like you've got a 1% chance. Why?

1) Sometimes hacks only work on specific models. It's very possible that Major Spike's hack ONLY works on models sold in Australia and will NEVER EVER work on EU models. This is due to hardware differences between models sold in different parts of the world.
    2) The hack may actually work but it only works on a specific firmware and your model has a different, probably more recent, firmware.
    3) The post may be a total waste of time as he knows what he posted won't work but he enjoys fooling people. I'm not saying that's the case here, but you would be sadly mistaken to think that this has never occurred here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I don't agree that Samsung cannot be hacked has I been able to unlock my other Samsung Dvd player funny enough with the hack given ,has I said will keep looking for the right hack for this model/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rod47 View Post
    I don't agree that Samsung cannot be hacked has I been able to unlock my other Samsung Dvd player
    Prove it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't agree that Samsung cannot be hacked has I been able to unlock my other Samsung Dvd player funny enough with the hack given ,has I said will keep looking for the right hack for this model/
    DVD player != BluRay player
    It worked once in the past != It will work until the end of time for everything I buy

I told you why it's not working. It's fine with me if you don't believe me, but I will be proven right and you will be proven wrong. I can wait.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I sent Jman 98 a reply to is prove it and told him/her that I got my player samsung model 1080p9xeg to work with the hack given so DONT give up trying it does work ther might be models that dont but he/her said none work he/her are wrong .Where there a will there is always a way ,aold saying but one thats true!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by rod47 View Post
    I sent Jman 98 a reply to is prove it and told him/her that I got my player samsung model 1080p9xeg to work with the hack given so DONT give up trying it does work ther might be models that dont but he/her said none work he/her are wrong .Where there a will there is always a way ,aold saying but one thats true!
    And you won't share it with the rest of us because...?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't agree that Samsung cannot be hacked has I been able to unlock my other Samsung Dvd player funny enough with the hack given, has I said will keep looking for the right hack for this model/
    This thread is about unlocking a Samsung Blu-Ray player. You unlocked your Samsung DVD player.

You are wasting your time looking for a hack. Hacks have generally only worked on a few cheap Blu-Ray players made by small companies that use hacks themselves to control region coding in order to reduce manufacturing costs. While there is a way to make some recent Blu-Ray players from from the big names in the consumer electronics industry region free, consumers cannot do it themselves because it entails hardware modifications and/or writing custom firmware. Specialty retailers that sell region-free Blu-Ray players perform these modifications to the models they sell. Those who want a region-free Blu-Ray player should buy from these retailers rather than buy an off-the-shelf player and waste their time looking for hacks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I should have also posted back on July 31st that:
    "Any bets he will give it some time then come back with something completely unprovable - thus claiming victory?"
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not so much unprovable, but irrelevant. My old Samsung DVD recorder is Region Free, but that is irrelevant when talking about modern Samsung BluRay players.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I used the Hack given by MAJOR Spike so I don't take any credit for it ?His Hack worked for me yes it did take a time but can assure you it works By the HECH54 I have replied today 6th/8/14 so you lost that bet ?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I used the Hack given by MAJOR Spike so I don't take any credit for it ?His Hack worked for me yes it did take a time but can assure you it works By the HECH54 I have replied today 6th/8/14 so you lost that bet ?
    Again for what seems like the millionth time because you are really dense...

What part of "We're talking about unlocking BluRay players and not DVD players" are you failing to understand?

Look, my post was not meant to mean that it was completely and utterly impossible to unlock every Samsung player on earth (and I clearly stated "almost everything" which is not the same as "everything" like you read my post) but to get the point through that if you buy Samsung, the odds are that it won't unlock. The odds are huge. Congratulations on being an exception. Yes, we know that a few Samsung DVD players sold in Europe will actually unlock. Again, this thread started about BluRay players. It's pretty hopeless there. And if you live in the USA/Canada you are wasting your time trying to unlock even a DVD player by Samsung.

If we don't overemphasize the difficult of it, what inevitably happens is that newbies take statements like "it's incredibly difficult" not to mean "you've got maybe 1 chance in 100 or worse", which is what we mean, but they take it to mean "you've only got a 40% chance of unlocking it" or "if you beg long enough for an unlock code, you'll get one that works" or "it can totally be unlocked so keep asking until the right person gives you the secret code because all players everywhere can be unlocked".
    Quote Quote  
  20. ok jman got your point and it is a valid one I live in the UK so maybe I'v been lucky but I stick by what I said that (some) can be unlocked /hacked ?By the way on EBAY there are some remote s being sold for some brands of Blue ray's to unlock them ,there might be one for Samsung in the near future but not at the moment .They got them for LG,Sony and Panasonic ect but as of yet not Samsung has far as I can see .So maybe some hope for you in the future? good luck mate .
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok jman got your point and it is a valid one I live in the UK so maybe I'v been lucky but I stick by what I said that (some) can be unlocked /hacked ?By the way on EBAY there are some remote s being sold for some brands of Blue ray's to unlock them ,there might be one for Samsung in the near future but not at the moment .They got them for LG,Sony and Panasonic ect but as of yet not Samsung has far as I can see .So maybe some hope for you in the future? good luck mate .
    I did a search and found listings for couple of these remotes for Sony and Panasonic. Below are the links, since you could not be bothered to back up your claim.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-DVD-Blu-ray-player-multi-region-hack-remote-/110602620681
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DVD-Blu-ray-player-multi-region-hack-remote-/110665303085

They apparently replicate some of the functions of the manufacturer's service remotes, but reading the seller's product information, they only work for specific models and they only work for the European and Australian versions, not the N. American ones. Plus, they only unlock the player for DVD, not Blu-Ray.

Remotes like these are only going to work if region coding is selectable with a service remote and not permanently coded into a chip or firmware.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Aug 2014 at 22:11.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Anyone know of a working multi-region hack for a Samsung BD-F5100 with the following details:

Firmware: BSP-F100XUB-1010.1
    Remote: AK59-00149A

I have tried the steps on this thread and none work on this firmware. It get the impression that you cannot downgrade the firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by imk54831 View Post
    Anyone know of a working multi-region hack for a Samsung BD-F5100 with the following details:

I have tried the steps on this thread and none work on this firmware. It get the impression that you cannot downgrade the firmware.
    if you try to downgrade the firmware the results could be disastrous.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It happens all the time that firmware upgrades permanently break region free mode. And some players offer no method to downgrade the firmware.

Sony and Samsung players of all types for years have been very difficult to unlock and in many cases impossible to unlock. Just FYI.

The best advice I can give you is what I now give everybody who asks about unlocking players that can't be unlocked. The ONLY safe thing to do now is to buy a player from a re-seller who specializes in unlocked players and has modified the hardware to allow unlocking. The cost will be more than when buying in a store because you have to pay for the extra hardware that allows unlocking, but it's the only way you can be sure to get a player you can unlock. The days of buying a player in a store and being able to unlock it at home are gone.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Sound advice.

Cheers jman98 and october262
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM

why not buy this player here - https://www.samstores.com/product-samsung-bd-h5100-region-free-blu-ray-player-110-220-...3035.html#tech
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Jman98.
    You have really shown yourself up to be an idiot.
    Original post said nothing about unlocking blue ray, in face he clarified that he was only looking to unlock DVD regions. But all the same you said it was impossible, then when people prove you wrong you make yourself look a fool by then saying that you were responding to blue ray unlocking, when nobody but you mentioned it.

I also needed to unlock the DVD regions of my Samsung blue ray player, same model as this, and it does work. I have done it 5 minutes ago.

Why don't you just apologise for being so arrogant and blatantly wrong.
    Quote Quote