VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks,

I'm looking to perform a fairly simple change within a Blu Ray structure to fix an issue with one of the video tracks. Having tried endless utilities without success I seem to have exhausted all options, so at this point I am hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction. Here is a detailed description of what I'm trying to achieve:

I have a Wedding video that is authored onto a Blu-Ray disc. It contains custom menu with multiple "Chapter" selections, each corresponding to its own video track (m2ts file). There are a total of 5 video tracks (Main Feature movie, Movie trailer, Photo Montage Movie, Save the Date Movie, and Wedding Toasts movie). There is a separate (6th) m2ts file which represents the Custom Menu. One of the video tracks was faulty (had audio sync issues). I have since gotten hold of a new "fixed" video track (in an m2ts file format), which I'd like to use to replace a faulty video track within original Blu Ray. I have ripped Blu Ray disc to a folder on my PC. Can someone kindly provide some guidance as to how to go about swapping the faulty video track with a "good" one while keeping everything else intact (Menu, File structure, etc.) I'd like to do it as cleanly as possible in order to retain original video quality and not have it re-encoded if possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Leshka
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe bdfix...but I haven't tried it and the free version is pretty limited.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "CLEAN" does not equal "Simple". To do a replacement cleanly, you extract the assets, replace and then re-author.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    "CLEAN" does not equal "Simple". To do a replacement cleanly, you extract the assets, replace and then re-author.

Scott

Cornucopia,
    Thank you for stepping in to help! Can you kindly elaborate further on how to actually do the "extraction", "replacement", and "re-authoring" ? I'd really appreciate if you could provide a list of tools / apps I can use to perform each of these operations. Of course I'd be very thankful if you could also supplement a list of tools with an explanation on how to perform each of those steps (or at least point to a comprehensive guide).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Maybe bdfix...but I haven't tried it and the free version is pretty limited.
    Baldrick,
    BDFix suggestion sounds great. I went through the options and it does look solid and easy to use; however as you pointed out the Free version would not be of much use in my scenario. BDFix Pro is the version I need as it provides the option to replace / change video tracks, but oh darn, it comes at quite a bit of a cost ($400). A bit much for a tool, which I'm probably only going to use once or twice.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Leshka82 View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post

Scott

Cornucopia,
    Thank you for stepping in to help! Can you kindly elaborate further on how to actually do the "extraction", "replacement", and "re-authoring" ? I'd really appreciate if you could provide a list of tools / apps I can use to perform each of these operations. Of course I'd be very thankful if you could also supplement a list of tools with an explanation on how to perform each of those steps (or at least point to a comprehensive guide).
    I second that. Explaining all the steps as a guide would help many videohelp users with same needs.
    Cornucopia, if you, or other guru, had time and patience to do that, many people would be very grateful.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote