VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Someone directed me to <http: forum.videohelp.com="" threads="" 202228-how-to-convert-flv-%28flash-video%29-to-avi-or-mpg=""> for programs related to the Title above. Super was given a thumbs up, and praised for its simplicity. I'd like to create a flv file to </http:><http: forum.videohelp.com="" threads="" 202228-how-to-convert-flv-%28flash-video%29-to-avi-or-mpg="">a typical TDK non-blueray DVD. The flv file is one hour.

I downloaded it onto my Win 7 PC. I'm stumped by the interface.

Across the top are selections 1,2, and 3. What do they provide?

Along the buttons on the left side, I see Recorder, Disable Video, and Disable Audio. Presumable I should leave RECORDER checked. After the buttons, I see OUTPUT. That box seems just informational. Next I see a block titled "RECORDING/CAPTURING from your PC modules". I guess selecting the FLV button is what I need to do. After that, I probably need to press the "Start Recording Now!" button. Presumably this might allow me to select the flv file. A little lower is a button "Player Options". I have no idea what that is.

BTW, when I asked to install Super, it asked me to close all windows. When I brought up Firefox later, I found Google in the FF window, as expected, but below the Google search area found an ad to do a two minute PC clean up. How do I get rid of it. It was never that way before.</http:>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You registered here in 2004. You clearly do not come on here often else would would know to avoid Super like the plague. It used to be passable but these days it is full of ad-ware which you have now found out. Check what add-ons have been installed in FF without your knowledge and disable/uninstall them them.

Forget Super. I would first try AVS2DVD to see if that will accept the flv and that will create all the files/folders to burn on to a dvd disk. Use imgburn to do the actual burning.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I uninstalled it. I looked under Tools-->AddOns, but found no mention of the ad. I see AddOns like DuckDuckGo.

Well, at the moment, I'll try AVS2DVD. I'm not accepting the three "additional tasks". icon, media, plugin. Nor Video converter ult and Customer Experience.

Well, I created an mp4 file, but it doesn't look like I burned a DVD; otherwise, it went smoothly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. The program you want is AVStoDVD. Similar name - different program. AVStoDVD does not install ANYTHING else.

You wil not see the ad. The add-in will just display random ads.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I got the flv burned to my DVD and it seems to work fine. However, it puts the words wondershare right in the middle of the screen.

OK, I'll try AVStoDVD next.

The ad stays the same, so far.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Try the free version of Malwarebytes to get rid of the crap added on by SUPER.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I tried to download AVStoDVD, but the download page does not refer to it. First, I get to <https://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD>. I click on New Video Converter 2003, which seems to be a WonderWhare product, and get to <http://www.wondershare.net/ad/video-converter-ultimate/index_both.html?gclid=CKLD5Ma-ubYCFUzhQgod2AoA_Q>. If I click the green download block, I get to save video-converter-ultimate_full975.exe.

It looks like the same program as before. I continue, as before. OK, Convert completes,but if I press the Burn button at the top, I'm presented with a new screen with Add file and other files, so I go to the output file, and drag it to the screen. Burn shows in the lower right corner. Pressing it causes a disk icon on the item I dragged to rotate. I get the same result as below, with Wondershare in the middle of the screen.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by solarblast View Post
    Well, I tried to download AVStoDVD, but the download page does not refer to it. First, I get to <http: www.videohelp.com="" tools="" avstodvd="">. I click on New Video Converter 2003, which seems to be a WonderWhare product, and get to <http: www.wondershare.net="" ad="" video-converter-ultimate="" index_both.html?gclid="CKLD5Ma-ubYCFUzhQgod2AoA_Q">. If I click the green download block, I get to save video-converter-ultimate_full975.exe.
    You're not making any sense. Click on this link below:

AvsToDVD

And then hit 'Download (direct link)' and install AvsToDVD. There's no Wondershare or video-converter-ultimate.

</http:></http:>
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AvsToDVD.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	17129  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if you click on the link that is created here AVStoDVD you go to the page within this site and that should download the correct program whether you click on 'Download from our site' or from 'Developer's site'
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, apparently the Wonderware logo appears if played in the converter program. If I use WMP, it works fine. Nuts. I tried with WMP again and it keeps the logo. What's up?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wondershare is payware. The logo is there and remains there. When you buy their crap all your conversions will not show a logo.

Now do as you are told and get the right program else all will lose patience with you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Of course, I'm making sense. I now see "direct link", but near the top of the page is a large green download button. Yes, if I use the "direct link", then I get the AVStoDVD_260-install file.

I just installed AVStoDVD, and changed PAL to NTSC. Continuing, it warns me AniSynth rel 2.5.7 is required. I,m going to ignore it. Great. The Operations window says 2.5.6 is installed. It also tells me ImgBurn is NOT installed. I press on.

Apparently, I need to "Open" the flv file. Nope, next choice is "New". No again. It looks like I have to drag the flv file into Source Titles. OK, now for Start. Well, I get a small dialog. Change Coded to MPEG-4. That is probably too late, the QuEnc dialog seems to be doing something. Destination and Source AVS file look the opposite of what they should be. Well, I'll just wait it out. This is not a friendly program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The program is incredibly easy to use. The problem is you.

I do not have a clue where you get mpeg-4 from as far as avstodvd is concerned. It simply is not there. But then again who knows what is in that flv file and I am not even gonna attempt to enlighten you on that one.

Imgburn is a sepearate program that you must download. Geez, you are either stupid, difficult or both.
    Where have you been since 2004 ?????????

As for the large green download button that is on-site advertising. Baldrick also needs to make this site pay. But the adverts clearly show what you are downloading - did it say 'AVStoDVD' ? I guess not - so maybe you have difficulty in reading as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, a DOS window appeared at some point. Later something about MuxMan? OK, it ended showing process completed successfully. 25 min. Project ended successfully.

Now to try the DVD. Yuk. An ini file was written to the DVD. What's next. I don't see a burn anywhere on the dialog.

Too bad about the Wonderware logo.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD creates clean dvd folders. There is no ini file in these.

You will have a folder called dvd_1 on your HD and a sub-folder called video_ts in there. Download and run imgburn - it is not part of avstodvd - and burn that video_ts folder - NOT the dvd_1 folder - to a disk. I hope that is clear. I can not make it any simpler.

Good night.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by solarblast View Post
    Later something about MuxMan?
    Muxman is the very good authoring program AVSToDVD uses. It takes the DVD-compliant video and audio, any chapters you created, and subs (if any), and makes the DVD from them.

I don't see a burn anywhere on the dialog.
    ImgBurn is the outstanding burning program AVSToDVD uses. To use it, you have to have installed it. The link to the program's page also has Baldrick's guide for its use at the bottom of the page. Maybe you should read it:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/353284-AVStoDVD-beginners-guide-Any-video-to-DVD-Video

Too bad about the Wonderware logo.
    Do you act like this on purpose?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I appreciate the help, but I'm going to pass on this effort.

Originally, I just wanted to get to put two flv files on two DVD files to send to friends. I'm going to send them the files on a DVD. None are likely to know how to play flv files, but I will tell them Winamp, RealPlayer, and VLC will. Perhaps, there's some "temporary" space I can place the 270M files on, and let them download the files.

BTW, Wondershare is a commercial product. I Googled for it. It's about $60, and apparently the link led me to a trial program. Thus the logo on the window playing the video. I just uninstalled it, and see they have a special for $39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by solarblast View Post
    I appreciate the help, but I'm going to pass on this effort.

Originally, I just wanted to get to put two flv files on two DVD files to send to friends. I'm going to send them the files on a DVD. None are likely to know how to play flv files, but I will tell them Winamp, RealPlayer, and VLC will. Perhaps, there's some "temporary" space I can place the 270M files on, and let them download the files.

BTW, Wondershare is a commercial product. I Googled for it. It's about $60, and apparently the link led me to a trial program. Thus the logo on the window playing the video. I just uninstalled it, and see they have a special for $39.
    You were told that - commercial product = payware - several posts ago if you bothered to read.

In fact I doubt if you have bothered to read most of the replies since if you had you would by now have a dvd to send to your friends. You give up much too easily.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you are right. I missed some of the posts. I had no idea there were so many contributors in such a short time, and scrolled too quickly to the end to see if there were any posts. Call it operational problems and not neglect. Cheers.
    Quote Quote