VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I realised a backup/copy a lot of TV movie from a HD-DVD-Recorder to my PC-HDD (by removing the internal HD of that recorder and connect it with help of IDE-USB adapter and with Linux, Ubuntu 12.04 on the PC as O.S.).

The 90 movies I can now play on my pc with help of VLC, a splendid media player.

However, I will edit some of the movies, e.g. split and delete clips, etc.
    I still have Adobe premiere 4 (on Windows-XP+SP3) and decide to execute the edit action with this video editor. But that was (till now) without success, resulting in a error message:

"Error FILE FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED , one of the necessary components may not be installed”.

Which component is mentioned? Perhaps it has to do with a missing CODEC?
    Which one is needed for MPEG_4?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mpeg4 is generally pretty standard. Open one of them in mediainfo and post results of text modce.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } The <Cmd: MediaInfo> applied to the movie /TITLE.VOB/Content01 (copied from a HD-DVD recorder to my PC-HD) found an index file “Content01.idx” in the same folder.
    This index file was the result from using the Video Editor “Avidemux” yesterday.
    As result of its message: “This looks like mpeg. Do you want to index it” <yes>.
    For reason I did not understand the content of this idx file, I returned to <Avidemux> and clicked to <file> and <properties> with a more understandable result, see my screen shot of it.
    There is written: Video Codec 4CC: MPEG and Audio Codec: AC3.

Hopefully this makes it possible to edit this movies, see above, my question to the forum.
    I should appreciate if you, Sir Rob Hoser, will give me details and advice how to solve it.
    Perhaps, you may also give me a location on INTERNET for a user manual of Avidemux?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2013-04-07 18:13:28.png
Views:	191
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	17125  

Quote Quote