VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I browsed through and didn't see a thread addressing this, so please forgive me if this is a dupe.

Here's the situation:

I have an HD webcam and an audio source plugged in to a laptop that can run either Windows or Mac. I want to stream that audio/video signal to a server, where people can view it from a web page in a Flash player, much like they would play a YouTube video. There may be a dozen or so viewers.

I came up with the hare-brained scheme of running ffmpeg to stream the sources to an RTMP server that I set up running Red5, then creating a web page that uses Flowplayer to connect to that Red5 server and provide the Flash player. This just seems *really* complicated, and I wonder if there's an easier way to do it.

This is a one-time event, so we're not looking to invest five figures into a streaming setup, but we're also not opposed to spending a little money on a service that can make this easier.

I appreciate any input in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not doable. Your ISP will not like it either. There's no free lunch anymore. You have to get a hosted domain.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Not doable. Your ISP will not like it either. There's no free lunch anymore. You have to get a hosted domain.
    Who says I don't have a hosted domain? I have a rather powerful server array available on an ISP backbone; we *are* the ISP.

I looked at ustream.tv, but the free version is ad supported. Maybe I'll look in to one of their paid options, but I'm not sure I like the way they present the stream. Have any of you used ustream?

Any other options?
    Quote Quote