Start Video to Video Converter
    Under Tools select Split Video
    Click image for larger version

Name:	videotovideo1.png
Views:	1454
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	17063

1. Load your video file.
    2. Drag the bar to the start of your clip.
    3. Click on set start mark.
    2. Drag the bar to the end of your clip.
    4. Set the stop mark.
    5. Add Segment
    Repeat to add more clips.
    6. Click OK

Name:	videotovideo2.png
Views:	10013
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	17064

Choose Direct Stream Copy to avoid any video reconversion. You can of course also choose a preset if you want to it any other video format.

Name:	videotovideo3.png
Views:	1003
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	17065

Set the output folder.
    Convert. It should only take some seconds for a shorter clips.

Name:	videotovideo4.png
Views:	976
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	17066

Done.

Problems:
    It might not be possible to cut exactly in all kinds of video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick, I just found out about this excellent tool and the guide you provided.

From now on this Video to Video Converter together with Avidemux 2.5 (2.6 is a disaster to me) will be my default choices.

I've a WMV video with bitrate of +/- 2000
    Format : Windows Media
    File size : 366 MiB
    Duration : 23mn 32s
    Overall bit rate mode : Constant
    Overall bit rate : 2 176 Kbps
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 2 190 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2013-04-11 15:41:18.666
    MediaFoundationVersion : 2.112

Video
    ID : 2
    Format : VC-1
    Format profile : MP@HL
    Codec ID : WMV3
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
    Codec ID/Hint : WMV3
    Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9 - Professional
    Duration : 23mn 32s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 2 048 Kbps
    Width : 928 pixels
    Height : 528 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.167
    Stream size : 345 MiB (94%)

and when using Video to Video Converter choosing MP4, the default bitrate is about +/- 1024, is this right? anyway I manually adjusted the bitrate to 2500 and the converted video is excellent (just WMV to MP4 direct stream copy, same size 928X528).

Now the question, is the 2500 bitrate necessary? or the default of 1024 is good enough (meaning manually adjusting the bitrate won't improve the converted video quality)?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 13APR13
    BEWARE, the links to the video converter will get you toolbars and new search page definitions even it you cancel or deny them. It also is not the version that is shown in the guide. I have spent more time trying to remove the "features" I didn't want that running the converter. I will go back to using ffmpeg directly. Learn to run ffmpeg it is more useful and trouble free.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Punchcard View Post
    13APR13
    BEWARE, the links to the video converter will get you toolbars and new search page definitions even it you cancel or deny them. It also is not the version that is shown in the guide. I have spent more time trying to remove the "features" I didn't want that running the converter. I will go back to using ffmpeg directly. Learn to run ffmpeg it is more useful and trouble free.
    Use the portable version? Cutting without a gui isn't fun.

edit: I just tried both the installer and portable version and I can't see any toolbars.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see anything funny and of course I'm using the portable version!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm talking to punchcard about the adware toolbars.

You have test with lower bitrates and see how it looks like for you. Try some shorter samples.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Very nice software. Thanks to Baldrick for a good recommendation. A good guide on how to cut videos.

However, I am having problem with joining my splitted videos. After splitting videos using this guide, I tried joining my three output clips using the Join Video tool and the output file has audio problem using Direct Stream Copy. The three clips are indeed joined, and the video stream is perfect. Only the audio is distorted. It is not a sync problem. The audio is totally distorted and silent most of the time...

Then I tried again, this time selecting Avi instead of Direct Stream Copy. And voila it worked! The audio and video both are fine. But i prefer using Direct Stream Copy cos I don't want any reconverting which loses quality.

Can anyone help me please? Why audio is distorted for no reason after joining? The three splitted video are perfect. No audio problem at all.

PS:
    Lastly I use Commercial Remover tool (to split and join in one single step) and the output file is also audio distorted... Using direct stream copy.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post more information. What is the audio codec in your files? Identify with mediainfo.

But it's always best to avoid joining as it often cause problems.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Since joining videos often cause problems, I think I just avoid joining in future should problems arise. I will simply make do with it by putting the split videos in a folder rather than joining them.

Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by newbie23; 7th Jul 2013 at 18:17.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Can avidemux be used to cut the interesting parts of a video (MP4 or MKV) and then join those parts automatically ?
    For AVI, and sometimes MKV, I use the Solveig AVI Trimmer + MKV, and the new version works quite nicely for that.
    For MP$, previously I used to convert to avi using Any Video Converter free, then cut the resulting AVI file with Solveig.
    Since I saw and used AviDemux after reading about it here, I am using it to cut MKV and MP4s.
    Only problem is if I want to cut 3 clips from a video, then I get 3 separate clips.
    Is there an option so that these 3 clips are joined at the end (like in Solveig) and I get i final file with all the 3 clips ?
    Can Freemake do that ?

or I could select all the non-important parts of the video in AviDemux and cut them out, then save the video.
    This is a bit less intuitive, but maybe i can try that if no other option is there.

thanks guys !!
    Last edited by Rhlsg; 8th Jul 2013 at 00:03.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Here's a video tutorial about this. If you want to know step by step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyfXQAGkrU

enjoy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to cut out and delete parts of an MP4 home movie. How would I do that? All I see is how to clip to save the clipped portions. Thanks.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  13. i have a problem with subtitles. this software automatically converts SRT embed subtitles to ASS format and when i open video, i can't see any subtitle. i want cut vidoes synchronized with subtitle; so how can i do it?
    Quote Quote