VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. The movies you post here could be an inspiration to others...
    I have trouble myself, because my program (adobe Premiere) can do so much. I can do almost anything but I haven't used everything that the program can do. (I simply don't have the time for it)

For now I have an old movie first. It is a movie that has been made for a couple of persons who were in Holland last summer. I didn't use very difficult technical stuff, just the use of my 'talent' and the guts to make a 'wild' movie (the movies I know make are even wilder...)

Please give some comments about the movies of everybody, it helps us all to get better in making 'highlight movies'.

You can find my first movie (16MB) here:
    http://bartes.fasthost.tv
    In the future there will come more, I will tell you when the time has come...

And please post your movies too!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok, I edited this one with adobe premiere and did the titles with Ulead VideoStudio 5. The only reason I had to edit it with premiere was so I could slow down the video. Its my favorite of all the ones I've done, so hope you enjoy it. In case you were wondering, I basically played baseball with some oranges.

Fun With Oranges (Streaming)
    Fun With Oranges (Download) 6.5Mb windows media video
    To Download: Right click on link and choose "save target as..."
    EDIT: Moved to new server...links will be working shortly.
    I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead.- Woody Allen
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is a good idea for a post. I've edited up around half-a-dozen movies in premiere. most of it is me and my buddies just doing really funny dangerous stuff. all the feedback i've recieved has been positive so far. i'd love to post them here. it's just that i don't have the webspace like you guys do. and i can't host them from my cable modem, i'm sure it'll be busy/slow all the time. if anybody knows where i could host these movies, temporarily, for free i'd like to know. and i'm sure some of you guys want to see them too.
    TA69
    Quote Quote  
  4. lycos europe offers 50megs for free...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey TA69, I just might be able to help ya. Check your pm box.
    I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead.- Woody Allen
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by fonoop
    Ok, I edited this one with adobe premiere and did the titles with Ulead VideoStudio 5. The only reason I had to edit it with premiere was so I could slow down the video. Its my favorite of all the ones I've done, so hope you enjoy it. In case you were wondering, I basically played baseball with some oranges.

Fun With Oranges (Streaming)
    Fun With Oranges (Download) 6.5Mb windows media video
    Pretty freaky movie!
    But nice!
    A very nice thing is the slow motion of the hits, and espacially the sound it makes in slow motion. Briliant!
    Have you made the movie yourself (R you the guy who shows himself for about three second with the sentence "I will be gone as soon as I threw the orange..."), pretty funny.
    Do you got more videos as well?
    I had the idea that this was a very freaky site...
    Quote Quote  
  7. On the request of a couple of persons I reduced the size of the movie...
    It is now 3MB but you need the Divx codec, but on this site it won't be so hard to find where to get it...

Watch it!!! (You can see the URL above)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by bartjuh
    Pretty freaky movie!
    But nice!
    A very nice thing is the slow motion of the hits, and espacially the sound it makes in slow motion. Briliant!
    Have you made the movie yourself (R you the guy who shows himself for about three second with the sentence "I will be gone as soon as I threw the orange..."), pretty funny.
    Do you got more videos as well?
    I had the idea that this was a very freaky site...
    Yup, that’s me popping out for a sec. and I did do it myself. I have 3 other videos on my site, one is a cologne commercial, one is me acting like a dog (that one is weird) and in the bk band page I have a trip to the St.Patricks Day parade in Georgia. I also have a James Bond spoof coming up (I just need to get off my butt and edit it). I just basically get together with my friends and brainstorm some ideas. We have done dozens of videos, but none of them are all that good. And no my site isn’t that freaky, not a cult or anything so you don’t have to worry about that.
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm really surprised that only bartjuh and me posted movies. I thought more people would have some somewhat interesting movies to show. Maybe they are just waiting for some other people to post their stupid movies so the ones they have don't look so bad anymore. Anyway, the point of this post isn't just to bump the topic back up to the top, its because I made another movie. Its a 27 second long movie promoting fonoop.com. It would make a good vcd intro, well, for me anyway. The music is none other than Robert Miles' "Children". I think you'll like it. This just shows the titling capability of Ulead VideoStudio 6.

Earth (Download) 1.1Mb windows media video
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by fonoop
    I'm really surprised that only bartjuh and me posted movies. I thought more people would have some somewhat interesting movies to show. Maybe they are just waiting for some other people to post their stupid movies so the ones they have don't look so bad anymore. Anyway, the point of this post isn't just to bump the topic back up to the top, its because I made another movie. Its a 27 second long movie promoting fonoop.com. It would make a good vcd intro, well, for me anyway. The music is none other than Robert Miles' "Children". I think you'll like it. This just shows the titling capability of Ulead VideoStudio 6.

Earth (Download) 1.1Mb windows media video
    Wow! Pretty have, very proffesional!
    Did you made everything yourself, or are the moon and the earth things from another movie, and that you've grabbed? (Did you paint the earth yourself?)
    The only comment I have is this: while watching the movie, you will be lead to the earth, and than you go to a cloud. You are zooming in to it until it it totally white, perhaps you should limit the period of the white screen. On that way you keep the speed in the movie, so let the title come up a bit sooner.
    For the rest, absolutely briliant (of course if you've made everything yourself). And oh yeah, why Robert Miles with Children? I personally would have chosen a calmer music with a climax, at the moment I can't reach my trance collection, but you also could use the music of Con Air (the first thirty seconds, that underlines the strenght of the movie, the music choice is a very important, and people do not really think of what music to use, to prove, watch a movie without music, with a rediculous music choice and with a good choice, experience it!)

I hope you will post your comments about my movie too!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi these are my creations:

http://ondskan.sn.umu.se/projekt/David_Olofsson_-_Unite_-_Feat._Vandread.avi
    I made this with Videofactory2.0 it is a musicvideo made from clips from the japanese animated tvseries vandread. I made the music and videoediting on a celeron 700machine and lots of expensive audio equipment. ~50MB DiVX

http://ondskan.sn.umu.se/film/Ond_Film_DiVX;-).avi
    This was made as a school assignment, it is a movie similar to the matrix ;). We made it in my studio because Premiere was much more stable here. You can actually see me spinning on one of the chairs for a few secs. ~100MB SWEDISH speaking.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well, the cg isn't mine (although I'm starting to dabble in Animation Master). I just basically added the music and the title. And sorry I didn't say anything about yours, I had trouble downloading the mpeg, but the divx file worked. Ok, its a pretty good short movie providing the highlights of (judging from the title) sumercamp. You did a very good job of syncing the audio and video to match transitions (as well as picking the music selection ). The end got me laughing out loud. I also liked the ending title. No major complaints except I would have liked to have seen a slightly longer movie. Oh, btw, I appreciate your comments of my movie, that really helps allot.
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Blight
    Hi these are my creations:

http://ondskan.sn.umu.se/projekt/David_Olofsson_-_Unite_-_Feat._Vandread.avi
    I made this with Videofactory2.0 it is a musicvideo made from clips from the japanese animated tvseries vandread. I made the music and videoediting on a celeron 700machine and lots of expensive audio equipment. ~50MB DiVX
    It looks pretty good!
    I can't exactly tell you how perfect it is, because I don't know what your footage is, and what is edited, but I guess the first seconds are your work (the logo and the combinated picture (girl with ?)).
    For the rest, looks good.
    Another nice thing is the handle of the video, by resizing in in such way that the video loses a bit of it's height. On that way you've created a perfect place to write some text. Smart!
    The only thing I don't get: why the expensive audio equipment? Or is it also an audiomix? If you mixed the audio too, well...you know what I mean.
    So great!
    http://ondskan.sn.umu.se/film/Ond_Film_DiVX;-).avi
    This was made as a school assignment, it is a movie similar to the matrix . We made it in my studio because Premiere was much more stable here. You can actually see me spinning on one of the chairs for a few secs. ~100MB SWEDISH speaking.
    I hope you don't blame me that I haven't seen the complete video...
    To be honest with you, this movie didn't contain that much editing. The thing that did it was the camerawork. It was great! Very stable, very prof. About the editing: did you correct the color too, and stuff like that too? It was nice to see what you did with the echo, 'slow motion' and fades.
    Looks pretty good, but perhaps a bit too long to give comments about your editing quality's...

Overall, you're good at it! Keep up the good work!
    Quote Quote  
  14. http://thelawnmowerboys.tripod.com/movies/art_5.avi

this clip contains partial nudity and a very large dildo. it was done for my friend's art history project. some of the audio dropped out when we used green screen, i have no idea why.

oh yes, tripod doesnt allow for remote downloading. you can copy and past the above link in your browser or go here:

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/lawnmowerboys/showclips.html
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by kingoflubrication
    http://thelawnmowerboys.tripod.com/movies/art_5.avi

this clip contains partial nudity and a very large dildo. it was done for my friend's art history project. some of the audio dropped out when we used green screen, i have no idea why.

oh yes, tripod doesnt allow for remote downloading. you can copy and past the above link in your browser or go here:

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/lawnmowerboys/showclips.html
    Pure watching the audio I have to say there was one thing that really impressed: getting the person out of his environment and placing it into another. Really great! How have you managed it? The only thing I can imagine is that you used a completely flat screen, and than filtered out the color of the screen, am I wrong?
    Than the movie... Well what can I say, STRANGE! Pretty freaky thing to express things, but I guess that was necessary for the project.
    So conclusion: strange but good movie

O yeah, how have you made the blue circle (and the rest of the movie...)? Did you use Premiere or After Effects or another program?
    Quote Quote  
  16. used premiere mostly. we filmed the guy in front of a green screen then used the transparency feature in premiere to fill in where the green screen was. the blue circle was really easy. i just used the titles in premiere to create a circle, then moved it across the screen using the motion thing.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by kingoflubrication
    used premiere mostly. we filmed the guy in front of a green screen then used the transparency feature in premiere to fill in where the green screen was. the blue circle was really easy. i just used the titles in premiere to create a circle, then moved it across the screen using the motion thing.
    Well the green screen method is like my option...
    About the blue circle...yep, you did it the easy way, but I thought that there was another option to follow the object, but that I simply can't imagine it works as soons as the object changes' size...therefore I asked you, perhaps you used that method.

After a second look I noticed that the blue circle wasn't very constant, so that would be impossible...
    Quote Quote  
  18. guys, you have yet to see the gloriousness of moviemaking.

if you want to see real (real stupid) movies made with an analog 1991 rca camera and adobe premiere, you want to go to www.sheilnaik.com

here are some direct links to the videos i've made:

the apache dance
    extreme sports

i like the extreme sports video the best but the apache dance isn't too bad either

poor technology and stupid 15 year old kids. that's what real moviemaking is all about.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi,
    Its nice to see a thread on homemovie making, rather than DVD ripping, which is what this forum is beginning to turn into...
    I'd like to show off some of the stuff I've done, though not using premiere, as I can't afford that Check out my site @
    www.vermillion-studios.co.uk It has quite a few of my home movies on it, aswell as a few tips and things which I've come accross whilst making videos. Also another really good site for makin SFX is www.alamdv.com and is more dedicated to film making, rather than ripping. I'd love to know your opinions of my vids
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by trikster2001
    guys, you have yet to see the gloriousness of moviemaking.

<bla, bla, bla>

poor technology and stupid 15 year old kids. that's what real moviemaking is all about.
    Sorry but: no
    I simply couldn't see the gloriousness of moviemaking... I saw a couple of weird/stupid movies but they all contained one thing > they have been edited in such way that the movie becomes more interesting.
    But your movies...if I see you movies I immediatly get the idea that you forgot to edit it.
    What I expected was a movie that was so good, that editing is not necessary, but this...
    The singing idiot...<fill it in yourself> (the movie didn't contain IT, just a singing idiot)
    Extreme sports: the beginning, very simple...you just used the countdown out of Premiere so that is pretty easy... Music choice, yeah that's pretty ok. For the rest yeah, very easy to make: the 'stunts' are totally different > easy to place them after each other...

Conclusion:
    Start editing! But you can't be serieus about that singing ...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by humdinger
    Hi,
    Its nice to see a thread on homemovie making, rather than DVD ripping, which is what this forum is beginning to turn into...
    I'd like to show off some of the stuff I've done, though not using premiere, as I can't afford that Check out my site @
    www.vermillion-studios.co.uk It has quite a few of my home movies on it, aswell as a few tips and things which I've come accross whilst making videos. Also another really good site for makin SFX is www.alamdv.com and is more dedicated to film making, rather than ripping. I'd love to know your opinions of my vids
    First of all I agree that the topic did went to the wrong side...
    About your stuff, well what can I say.
    I won't write comments about the movies but I will write about the techniques...
    -You used in Triphome nice sounds (Dukes of Hazzard...) and in another The A-team
    -You used the zoom function pretty artistic (or was it the editing works), because of that you get the nice colors, that things start to look unreal, and sometimes that's really nice
    -You also used other nice sounds (with the crabs, and the rugby-player)
    -Also comic situations (crabs and the shoes...)
    -And the lightning effects, you used alamdv pretty good, well done! The part of the swords that was standard, but the lightning effect to illustrate the power/strenght in the legs of persons and in the brains, briliant

But one was absolutely my favorite: Dr what (who). There you have combined several things, lightning, transitions (dissolve), title options, the planets. I really liked it, and I would like to use some things for my movies too. Please tell us what you did there, how you did it, and with what program. I mean the first 43 seconds, the title, the planets, absolutely GREAT!!!
    The only comment I make is: watch the quality of the movie. Sometimes you want to much, you want to make the movie artistic, and even more, but you get the best effect when you go back to the original situation.

So overall, GREAT!!!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by bartjuh
    Conclusion:
    haha. that singing is me.

anyways, most of these videos aren't supposed to be serious filmmaking. we usually make up scripts on the spot, film using messed up camera angles and shaky hands, and then just use premiere to piece everything together and maybe add some music or voiceovers.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by trikster2001
    Originally Posted by bartjuh
    Conclusion:
    haha. that singing is me.

anyways, most of these videos aren't supposed to be serious filmmaking. we usually make up scripts on the spot, film using messed up camera angles and shaky hands, and then just use premiere to piece everything together and maybe add some music or voiceovers.
    I hope that you are better at other things than singing

Hey, stop joking man, "aren't supposed to be serious filmmaking"
    But I'm serious, try to make something out of it, it doesn't matter if the films are ... Just look at "fun with oranges", that is not serious either. But it goes about what you do with it.
    For example: place the singer in a full stadion, now that's funny! That kind of movies do we all love to see, there the editing qualitys are necessary, and it can inspire others, or might be a reason for others to try such things too.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by bartjuh
    Originally Posted by humdinger
    Hi,
    First of all I agree that the topic did went to the wrong side...
    About your stuff, well what can I say.
    I won't write comments about the movies but I will write about the techniques...
    -You used in Triphome nice sounds (Dukes of Hazzard...) and in another The A-team
    -You used the zoom function pretty artistic (or was it the editing works), because of that you get the nice colors, that things start to look unreal, and sometimes that's really nice
    -You also used other nice sounds (with the crabs, and the rugby-player)
    -Also comic situations (crabs and the shoes...)
    -And the lightning effects, you used alamdv pretty good, well done! The part of the swords that was standard, but the lightning effect to illustrate the power/strenght in the legs of persons and in the brains, briliant

But one was absolutely my favorite: Dr what (who). There you have combined several things, lightning, transitions (dissolve), title options, the planets. I really liked it, and I would like to use some things for my movies too. Please tell us what you did there, how you did it, and with what program. I mean the first 43 seconds, the title, the planets, absolutely GREAT!!!
    The only comment I make is: watch the quality of the movie. Sometimes you want to much, you want to make the movie artistic, and even more, but you get the best effect when you go back to the original situation.

So overall, GREAT!!!

Thanks for your input, it really makes me feel it is all worthwhile when I get comments such as those Some of the stuff on there, especially the early ones, where never really intended for public viewing, though ended up there to pack out the content a bit. I understand what you mean about pushing too much, and it is a valid point. The reason this often happens, not just to me, but with other people too, is that they and myself are constantly pushing the boundries of homemovie SFX, and tend to get lost in that goal, rather than concentrating on making a good film. That being said, I've never set out to make a feature length, action packed blockbuster, I'm just in it for the fun and the technology, which is something I feel I've achieved pretty well. Also, if you goto www.vermillion-studios.co.uk/.tips.htm you will find 2 tutorials right at the bottom of the page explaining how the various parts of Dr What was done. Of course it doesn't cover everything, but leave a message on my forum, or email me, and I'll gladly explain some of the techniques I used.
    Good luck with your future projects!
    BTW check out www.vermillion-studios.co.uk/video/19-news.avi
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all,

Time for some old skool movie making 8)
    ...this clip is almost 5 years old and rather small; due to the limited bandwidth I had at that time
    The movie is put together from various footage during my 10 years in the Danish Army (tank platoon) and with some "Tanks" music overlay
    Movie is located here: http://www.tanxmann.com/tanx.mpg or here if that URL does not work: http://home.pacbell.net/jbrondum/tanx.mpg
    ...and feel free to comment on it.

Regards,
    John Brondum
    "Tanxmann"
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by jbrondum
    Hey all,

Time for some old skool movie making 8)
    ...this clip is almost 5 years old and rather small; due to the limited bandwidth I had at that time
    The movie is put together from various footage during my 10 years in the Danish Army (tank platoon) and with some "Tanks" music overlay
    Movie is located here: http://www.tanxmann.com/tanx.mpg or here if that URL does not work: http://home.pacbell.net/jbrondum/tanx.mpg
    ...and feel free to comment on it.

Regards,
    John Brondum
    "Tanxmann"
    Alright, first of all I have to say that your movie is indeed small. But for the rest, it is pretty oké. Nice the first second, also the 'music' choice was good. About the material and the place in the movie, well done. You've created a pretty good movie. Only too bad of the quality...
    greetz,
    BarteS
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bartjuh,

Ya I was very much aware of that and that is why I made that clear from the start, a lot have happend over the past 5 years.
    Another problem that I'm having, is the all the raw footage is taken in Denmark and using PAL and now I'm living in the USA with a NTSC standard.
    I would love to convert all my video from PAL to NTSC, but just don't have a VCR that will take both
    ...can you or others, perhaps recommend me a cheap VCR for that purpose ?!?

Regards,
    John Brondum
    Quote Quote  
  28. Don't think you will be able to do that on the cheap, but you might as well look at B and H.
    fonoop.com
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hey folks,
    Come on with your movies!
    I am making two new ones right now, but I am having a busy period so it probably will take about three/four weeks. Meanwhile I will try to post another movie I have made a long time ago, but totally forgot...
    So come on!
    Quote Quote  
  30. I Havent had the time to post here behore but I have a school project lying around here somewhere. I'll Post a link to it as soon as I've found it, encoded it to DivX and upped it someware.
    :P
    Quote Quote