VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi I downloaded a documentary that was only available in side by side 3D, how can I convert the file into a 2D video?

Here is the mediainfo of the file:
    General
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 3.90 GiB
    Duration : 40mn 24s
    Overall bit rate : 13.8 Mbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2013-03-23 08:41:14
    Writing application : DVDFab
    Writing library : libebml v0.7.8 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.242
    Stream size : 3.39 GiB (87%)
    Writing library : x264 core
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Mode : 16
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 509 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 436 MiB (11%)
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just use Stereoscopic Player and choose Monoscopic (Left) or Monoscopic (Right) as your output.

or

Use AVISynth with a script similar to the following:
    Code:
    SourceVideo=AVISource ("myvideofile_and_path_here.avi")# or whatever source filter you want to use
    LeftVideoHalf=Crop(SourceVideo,0,0,SourceVideo.Width/2,SourceVideo.Height)
    RightVideoHalf=Crop(SourceVideo,SourceVideo.Width/2,0,SourceVideo.Width/2,SourceVideo.Height)
    LeftVideoFull=LanczosResize(LeftVideoHalf, LeftVideoHalf.Width*2, LeftVideoHalf.Height)
    RightVideoFull=LanczosResize(RightVideoHalf, RightVideoHalf.Width*2, RightVideoHalf.Height)
    ## Swap the 2 below's Commentcode to use Right instead of Left
    Return(LeftVideoFull)
    #Return(RightVideoFull)
    And pipe that to your favorite encoder (MeGui, etc).
    *(Note: the code only is for video. I figure you'll bypass that audio and remux it at the end for best quality)

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 29th Mar 2013 at 00:15.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Okay I did what you said and I used this code here and it played fine in windows media player... thank you!:

SourceVideo=DirectShowSource ("C:\Users\*****\Downloads\New folder\***** Documentary (2012).mkv")# or whatever source filter you want to use
    LeftVideoHalf=Crop(SourceVideo,0,0,SourceVideo.Wid th/2,SourceVideo.Height)
    RightVideoHalf=Crop(SourceVideo,SourceVideo.Width/2,0,SourceVideo.Width/2,SourceVideo.Height)
    LeftVideoFull=LanczosResize(LeftVideoHalf, LeftVideoHalf.Width*2, LeftVideoHalf.Height)
    RightVideoFull=LanczosResize(RightVideoHalf, RightVideoHalf.Width*2, RightVideoHalf.Height)
    ## Swap the 2 below's Commentcode to use Right instead of Left
    Return(LeftVideoFull)
    #Return(RightVideoFull)

What is a good remuxer I should use for the audio?

P.S. When i made the avs file and I encoded it using mengui it seems the file kept the audio or atleast it processed it... Whenever it is done encoding I'll tell you the results thanks!
    Last edited by Whitezombie455; 29th Mar 2013 at 02:55.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Okay I looked at the new file and it is great except the audio is silent so I need to know now how to take the audio from the mkv file and replace the audio in the new 2D mp4 container. How do I do this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    MKVExtractGUI for demuxing the audio from the MKV, Yamb for muxing it back into the MP4 (though I don't know if you'll have difficulty w/ using DTS in an MP4...).

or

Just add:
    Code:
    Audiodub (LeftVideoFull, SourceVideo)
    to the end of the script and you should now be feeding MeGUI with audio as well as video.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. In the end the DTS audio wouldn't work properly with an MP4... So what I did was I used an avs file to make the file into 2d with megui. I then demuxed the video from the new mp4 file. I then used a video converter to convert the original mkv video into an mp3 file with just a stereo stream... Then I used the stereo stream and the video extracted from the mp4 file to make my completed mp4 file in 2D that had a stereo stream. I would have liked to keep a 6 channel stream but.... i also don't want a file with audio larger than video... Oh yea I used "My MP4Box Gui v0.6.0.6" to do the demuxing and remuxing... and "Any Video Converter" to convert the mkv into a mp3 file...
    Quote Quote  
  7. I generally just open the 3D video with MeGUI the normal way, then crop 960 pixels from either the left or right side, and resize it to 1280x720 to make it 16:9/720p. MeGUI will then report the aspect error as being exactly 100%, which is okay as you're stretching the video width back to it's proper aspect ratio. If you need to crop more and/or adjust the resizing, aim to keep the aspect ratio distortion as close to 100% as you can.
    Quote Quote