VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm editing DVB streams with Avisynth in order to make some good quality chapters from my favourite series.

And i also want to merge the teletext subtitles (converted to text sub) in the MP4 file, but i dont know how to trim the same way Avisynth trim the audio and video streams.

I mean, i convert the video and then i convert two audio streams, ok, i use the trim function and all goes ok. But then i can only import subtitles in the final file and they wont be sync because video is not full-lenght.

I can use VSFilter to render the subtitles in the video and they will be synced, but i dont want hard-subs. Thats my problem. Is there any way to export trimed subtitles based on Avisynth script (without been rendered on the video stream)?.

Thanks!.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know the Spanish DVB standard but if the original DVB file consists of MPEG2 video plus audio AC3 or whatever and teletext subs you could use ProjectX to edit and demux. This would maintain subtitle sync
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes but if i trim the video using Avisynth subtitles wont be synced (coz video is trimmed).

I've found an phyton script that do the work based on avs script (well, it just take the trimmed frame data). As far as i tested it works ok.

https://github.com/vdcrim/TrimSubs
    Quote Quote