VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for software that enables you to create iOS and Android Apps from regular Video DVDs. I need to keep all the features of the Video DVD like menus, subtitles, multiple audio tracks and all interactivity. Found one company in Germany, but their pricing is unrealistic for the current DVD market.

Details at http://www.fluxdvd.com/index.php/solutions-left/dvd2app

Does anyone have details of alternate software
    Quote Quote  
  2. Jon, if you're an original content producer I'm sure you'll appreciate the price isn't so unrealistic when you consider the difficulty of dependably translating DVD commands to ios and android.

If you're a guy who wants to watch storebought DVDs on his phone, I'm sure you can see the potential legal ramifications of having to submit to the app store and getting accepted.

While there might be a significant consumer desire for this kind of product, I'm not sure there's a huge consumer level demand. Most people are content to convert and watch their movies without extras for free.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JonH View Post
    I am looking for software that enables you to create iOS and Android Apps from regular Video DVDs. I need to keep all the features of the Video DVD like menus, subtitles, multiple audio tracks and all interactivity. Found one company in Germany, but their pricing is unrealistic for the current DVD market.

Details at http://www.fluxdvd.com/index.php/solutions-left/dvd2app

Does anyone have details of alternate software
    Why do I get the feeling that "total strangers" will be along to vigorously defend the software you linked to?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i don't get why anyone would want to install a movie as an app. these devices have limited storage memory and 4-9 GB app installs wouldn't go over very well.

there are already video player apps that can handle dvd movie menus like transporterfan found.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I seem to remember flux dvd selling technology that allowed for burning dvds that were copy protected.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @aedipuss:

Wasn't it you who had VLC for a tablet or something? Would that play an ISO on Android?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    doesn't this topic belong in CONVERSION or someplace else
    not here in authoring

I also do not understand the idea behind converting a Movie to an App

apple nd Android have media/video/movie players
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    @aedipuss:

Wasn't it you who had VLC for a tablet or something? Would that play an ISO on Android?
    yes an android nook hd+. and vlc does play a dvd iso with menus.

the android os is NOT happy about an .iso file on my sd card though. i had to remove the card to copy the iso onto it as the nook wouldn't allow it over wifi or usb. slowed the boot down to a crawl with it on the card.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote