VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. VLC froze while playing the second repetition of a simple 5 second looped DVD (single JPG with zoom). Same with versions 2.00, 2.01 and 2.04 (don't seem to still have 2.03).

Played OK in MPC-HC, KM Player, PowerDVD, in each case starting with the main menu and then, after clicking play, repeated with no gaps. Played the loops OK in WMP11, although no initial menu appeared.

I tried playing in VLC from the DVD folder and from VIDEO_TS.IFO with same result.

Anyone have any thoughts please? Should anyone like to try it, the 36 MB folder is here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/DVD%20Looped.zip

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Quote Quote  
  2. It seems to be VLC's bug, not a Magix problem, I replicated this problem with DVD created with DVDLabPro also. 5s clip.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    VLC has other problems that have NEVER been fixed, even though they've been known about for years.

Do you have a VCD? If so, play it under VLC and then use the time progress bar to slide forward to a future spot on the VCD perhaps 10 or more minutes later in the video. VLC will crash EVERY time when you do this, regardless of version or operating system it's run under.

Too bad the main developer on VLC is the kind of guy who feels like his time is better spent doing things like making sure that VLC is removed from Apple's App Store because he personally has a problem with Apple's licensing requirements. If maybe more time were spent fixing bugs instead of being a sanctimonious jerk , it would be a better product, but that's a whole other story. I am really greatly disappointed with the whole 2.x family of VLC releases and in a lot of ways feel like the old 1.x releases were actually better.
    Quote Quote  
  4. How dares he, not to fix a bugs for you, wow, ..... There is no week going by you would not be throwing a names around here... You are loosing it, if you did not completely lost your mind already.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    It seems to be VLC's bug, not a Magix problem, I replicated this problem with DVD created with DVDLabPro also. 5s clip.
    Thanks for the check, _Al_.

I've reported the bug here:
    http://forum.videolan.org/posting.php?mode=post&f=14#preview

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Last edited by terrypin; 18th Mar 2013 at 02:05.
    Quote Quote