VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi! Ok, here's my situation. I accidentally permanently deleted 5 large .ts video files on my ubuntu partition. They were around 4 GB each. I used this program called photorec to recover them but instead of giving me back 5 4GB files, it recovered around 300 files, ranging in size from a few kilobytes to a few hundred megabytes. They all appear to be parts of the original video files and the overall size roughly correlates to what was deleted so I'm guessing it's all there. I looked for ways to recover them as they were but it looks like that is a dead end so I'm hoping to reconstruct the small files back into the 5 large files.

So my question is basically that. First, is such a reconstruction possible and if so, could someone kindly show me how it can be done? What programs do I need? Any guides geared towards newbies on this subject matter? I know very little about video editing and computers in general but I'm willing to learn. I would very much appreciate any and all help on this matter.

Thank you for your time!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the linux forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok, but I am not averse to windows programs... I have both linux and windows installed on my computer. It's just the files were deleted on and recovered from a linux partition.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would try to feed the files that belong together to tsMuxeR (vailable for Linux/Mac OS/Windows) and join them using it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't say which Linux Distro. You are working with. I suggest hat you go to the support Forum for your particular Distro. And post your question there.

Sent from my  iPad 3
    Quote Quote