VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anonymous847344
    I have Easycap DC60 that appear like "usbtv007" that installed appear "OEM Device" if is installed by CD rom, if is installed by Windows update the device is called "usb video device".

Operative System: Win 7 32bits

Well the problem is the volume, is very high and do not appear nothing in "recording devices" in sounds:

and must be appear a "USB Audio interface" that is the sound control of the Easycap:

And I can't manage too in Ulead Video Studio:

(You can see that in Show Volume control.... is unselectable)

Is problem of the drivers or what thing? I don't want to recording with the cable audio to my pc yet, so I need a fix to this problem....
    If the problem is the drivers please give me the right please.

Thanks

PD: The problem is in another pc too.
    There is volume but very high, and I can't manage the volume.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dont worry about all those screens ... most arent helpful with that device.

Go into control panel > system > hardware devices.

Look under sound / video devices ... most likely the audio device isnt listed because the software which comes supplied on cd dosent actually contain it.

Try this link ... one of my old links from previous experience with the device now working under windows 7.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Anonymous847344
    Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    Dont worry about all those screens ... most arent helpful with that device.

Go into control panel > system > hardware devices.

Look under sound / video devices ... most likely the audio device isnt listed because the software which comes supplied on cd dosent actually contain it.

Try this link ... one of my old links from previous experience with the device now working under windows 7.
    Can You give me plase the Driver and the Ulead for Win 7 32bits please XD, I don't found it there XD

EDIT: The files are original.exe and update.exe? And where is the ulead videostudio for seven?
    Last edited by Anonymous847344; 10th Mar 2013 at 08:29.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anonymous847344
    Same thing man, when I install the original and the update do not detect (appear like "uknown device>> usbtv007"), later when I reboot the computer I put the easycap, but windows update install the proper driver, but the same problem, do not appear any usb audio device:

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Jorchking The EasyCap DC60 devices now in circulation typically do not come with Windows 7 drivers, and Windows may not find the correct drivers. They are imitations of a long discontinued device once made by a legitimate company and as such have no manufacturer support. They are actually not all the same device and use different drivers depending on the chips used to build them.

There are many people who have had problems finding drivers and software for Windows 7, and audio problems are common even with working drivers. I would suggest you try using Google and YouTube to find answers as to how to get your device to work. A quick search turned up this link http://easycapexpertti.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=b6965ba...d9ac192ddd283b

The Ulead software supplied with the cheap EasyCap DC60 capture device that you bought is incompatible with Windows 7. Ulead was bought by Corel several years ago, well before windows 7 arrived. No Ulead software was ever produced for Windows 7.

You might be happier with something different. Although they cost more, there are other capture devices available that come with manufacturer support, Windows 7 drivers, and better capture software.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Mar 2013 at 10:52.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Anonymous847344
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    @Jorchking The EasyCap DC60 devices now in circulation typically do not come with Windows 7 drivers, and Windows may not find the correct drivers. They are imitations of a long discontinued device once made by a legitimate company and as such have no manufacturer support. They are actually not all the same device and use different drivers depending on the chips used to build them.

There are many people who have had problems finding drivers and software for Windows 7, and audio problems are common even with working drivers. I would suggest you try using Google and YouTube to find answers as to how to get your device to work. A quick search turned up this link http://easycapexpertti.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=b6965ba...d9ac192ddd283b

The Ulead software supplied with the cheap EasyCap DC60 capture device that you bought is incompatible with Windows 7. Ulead was bought by Corel several years ago, well before windows 7 arrived. No Ulead software was ever produced for Windows 7.

You might be happier with something different. Although they cost more, there are other capture devices available that come with manufacturer support, Windows 7 drivers, and better capture software.

Yes I've been searching a time ago for proper drivers but in my case "usbtv007" like "OEC Capture" was very difficult to find the same case like mine.

I've tried installing a lot of drivers of DC60 for win 7 but the USB audio interface do not detected in recording devices (I repeat again that the easycap audio is heard but I am not able to change the volume of the USB device).

About the Software, what I must to use?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jorchking View Post

Yes I've been searching a time ago for proper drivers but in my case "usbtv007" like "OEC Capture" was very difficult to find the same case like mine.

I've tried installing a lot of drivers of DC60 for win 7 but the USB audio interface do not detected in recording devices (I repeat again that the easycap audio is heard but I am not able to change the volume of the USB device).

I don't own an EasyCap DC60 so I can't make a personal recommendation for capture software. As I suggested earlier, Google may be helpful to you for finding the answers you need.

Did you read the information in the link I gave you? It explains the driver situation and has links to download drivers for some of the devices sold as an "EasyCap DC60". You need to install the drivers manually, once you figure out which set of drivers you need.

Here is a link about identifying which chips were used: http://forum.easycap.co.uk/index.php?topic=717.0
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Mar 2013 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Anonymous847344

I don't own an EasyCap DC60 so I can't make a personal recommendation for capture software. As I suggested earlier, Google may be helpful to you for finding the answers you need.

Did you read the information in the link I gave you? It explains the driver situation and has links to download drivers for some of the devices sold as an "EasyCap DC60". You need to install the drivers manually, once you figure out which set of drivers you need.

Here is a link about identifying which chips were used: http://forum.easycap.co.uk/index.php?topic=717.0

I'm thinking that can be fake D:
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most of the inexpensive capture devices sold under the "EasyCap" name are fakes. The guy at easycapexpertti seems to agree that yours is fake. There is driver information for it here http://easycapexpertti.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8344
    Quote Quote  
  10. Anonymous847344
    Most of the inexpensive capture devices sold under the "EasyCap" name are fakes. The guy at easycapexpertti seems to agree that yours is fake. There is driver information for it here http://easycapexpertti.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8344
    Yes I have seen two days ago that topic, well the audio work anyway, the onlye problem is the volume control, no more.

PD: In Windows XP the Ulead VideoStudio fails, so or is the software or is the Capturer.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You paid very little for the device and its software compared to what most other USB capture devices cost. You got what you paid for. Poor quality hardware and outdated software. Most other capture devices cost more for a reason.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Anonymous847344
    You paid very little for the device and its software compared to what most other USB capture devices cost. You got what you paid for. Poor quality hardware and outdated software. Most other capture devices cost more for a reason.
    Yes, well was for inexperience, well the next time, directly I'll buy a external but HD, and before verify the chipset .

What you recommend me?

Thanks for your help!!
    Last edited by Anonymous847344; 11th Mar 2013 at 23:01.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, well was for inexperience, well the next time, directly I'll buy a external but HD, and before verify the chipset .

What you recommend me?

Thanks for your help!!
    If you want to record console video games, I recommend that you look at elgato's Game Capture HD. Its software both records and does basic editing. For more advanced editing, you will need to buy H.264-capable editor. It works with Windows 7 or Windows 8 but not XP or Vista.

If you want to record TV from a satellite receiver or other TV set top box, I recommend that you look at the original Hauppauge HD PVR 1212. It comes with functional basic software but works with Windows 7's Media Center and some other PVR sofware if special plug-ins are installed. When using Hauppauge's software to capture, capture to a .ts file and you will be much happier with the results than you would be using a .mp4 file.

I don't have either one, but I looked at customer reviews and 75% of those who buy either of these and review their purchase seem pleased with them. No capture device is perfect. Both have drawbacks, like needing to be power cycled every few days, and some users experience overheating issues. elgato's Game Capture HD is powered by USB, so it is possible some low-powered laptops won't provide enough power.

You will probably want to buy an H.264-capable editor to be able to edit recordings from either device the way you want to. VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 is a good option for editing.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Anonymous847344

What you recommend me?

Thanks for your help!!
    If you want to record console video games, I recommend that you look at elgato's Game Capture HD. Its software both records and does basic editing. For more advanced editing, you will need to buy H.264-capable editor. It works with Windows 7 or Windows 8 but not XP or Vista.

If you want to record TV from a satellite receiver or other TV set top box, I recommend that you look at the original Hauppauge HD PVR 1212. It comes with functional basic software but works with Windows 7's Media Center and some other PVR sofware if special plug-ins are installed. When using Hauppauge's software to capture, capture to a .ts file and you will be much happier with the results than you would be using a .mp4 file.

I don't have either one, but I looked at customer reviews and 75% of those who buy either of these and review their purchase seem pleased with them. No capture device is perfect. Both have drawbacks, like needing to be power cycled every few days, and some users experience overheating issues. elgato's Game Capture HD is powered by USB, so it is possible some low-powered laptops won't provide enough power.

You will probably want to buy an H.264-capable editor to be able to edit recordings from either device the way you want to. VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 is a good option for editing.
    For remux/re-encode captures to have a low size I use MeGui is an advance video editor, I'll see the software that you give me. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For remux/re-encode captures to have a low size I use MeGui is an advance video editor, I'll see the software that you give me. Thanks.
    MeGUI is not a video editor at all, let alone an advanced video editor. MeGUI is a just a converter. An editor allows removing unwanted segments from video files, as well as inserting new segments. MeGUI cannot remove unwanted pieces from a video file.

All of the USB 2.0 HD capture devices record H.264 video exclusively. At present there are no free H.264 editors capable of making cuts at any point in the file that the user chooses. Free editors can only position cuts to H.264 video at GOP boundaries, which may be many frames apart from each other. If you want to make precise edits, you will need to buy editing software.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Mar 2013 at 23:17.
    Quote Quote