VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to install the Ut Video codec on my Windows 7 machine. I haven't installed a codec before.

On install a window pops up with check boxes for "Save configuration globally by codec itself" and "Ignore setting configuration from codec client"

I'm not sure which of these to check (which one/all/none?).

Any input is appreciated....
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried install ut video codec 12.0.1 in windows7 and it didn't ask for anything like that.
    http://umezawa.dyndns.info/archive/utvideo/utvideo-12.0.1-win.exe

Does the popup window say ut video codec?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is screenshot...Name:  UT Video Question.JPG
Views: 1408
Size:  19.8 KB
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you want to force all programs to use fixed settings (ie, the programs can't change the settings themselves) enable the second item. If you want to let UT save it's settings in the registry, and default to the saved settings, enable the first option. You can change the settings any time by selecting Start -> All Programs -> UT Video Codec Suite -> Global Configuration.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hello, I hope it's ok to ask here, I don't want to create a new topic.
    can someone link or explain me about Ut Video configure settings.
    especially about FDC;

Last edited by RTW47; 19th Mar 2014 at 15:23. Reason: #test_edit;
    Quote Quote  
  6. UT video codec is multi threaded. It can split each frame into smaller pieces so that multiple cores (or logical processors in the case of hyperthreaded CPUs) can work simultaneously on a piece. So, for example, when using a four core CPU the frame can be divided into four pieces and each core can work on their piece, thereby speeding up processing (compared to one core working on the entire frame). The FDC is the number of pieces the frame is divided into. Most of the time you'll probably want to use the "Same as # of logical processors" option. But there are times when you might want to limit the number of pieces/threads (to leave CPU cores available for other programs) or use more pieces (possibly speeding up processing a bit, depending on how well UT is at juggling threads).
    Quote Quote  
  7. I suspect I was being limited by the transfer speed of my hard disk.
    And so "predict left" mode slows rendering more than "predict median"
    Last edited by RTW47; 21st Apr 2016 at 05:50. Reason: #test_edit;
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I too am having difficulty installing UT Video. The zip file has 2 html, 3 txt, and 1 .component file. there is no disk image or anything that resembles something I've installed before. Can you direct me to the proper place to get help. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    Dan
    Quote Quote