VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Folks, please help me. I am a total novice, so please be patient and take me step by step through the process if you can.

I made my movie and want to burn it to a disc now. When I go to "create a movie" though, I cannot get the thing to burn, and twice it messed up my project. Good thing I saved it somewhere else!

I just need some help how to convert my project onto a DVD. I have 4,7GB DVD/R discs (16x speed) My writer is a 32x speed I believe?. My project is 4,5GB big, and 15 min of video and music.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Quote Quote  
  2. What speed are you burning at? In general it should be half the speed the DVD states, so 8x for a 16x disc.
    You don't describe very well 'how' it messed up your project can you elaborate a little?
    If it gives the option; burn to a folder first, not straight to disc.
    If you have a DVD folder already made (with AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders inside) try burning with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm moving you to our Authoring(DVD) section. It's for making and burning your own DVDs. DVD Ripping is only for ripping and converting from commercial dvds.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    What speed are you burning at? In general it should be half the speed the DVD states, so 8x for a 16x disc.
    You don't describe very well 'how' it messed up your project can you elaborate a little?
    If it gives the option; burn to a folder first, not straight to disc.
    If you have a DVD folder already made (with AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders inside) try burning with ImgBurn.
    I do not worry about the "messed up" project, as I double saved it and still have the original. Ok, I have the project in a folder like you described, how do I burn the contents of the folder to a DVD AND have the music on it as well?

I'm using NERO at the moment?
    Quote Quote  
  6. http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

EDIT: Remember to set your project to fit a DVD5.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 2nd Mar 2013 at 08:42.
    Quote Quote