VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    See Device - DVD/Blu-Ray in preferences. Personally I like VOB file playback mode.
    I'm unfamiliar with this part. I guess you need the appropriate software (or some program files?) installed.
    Can any of them handle blu-ray? (including BD-J)
    VOB playback mode only applies to DVD titles.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does this crash potplayer latest beta versions for anyone else?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfdfPvnoDuzVkRfVTBLM0RpZXM/view?usp=sharing

For me it crashes it after a second or two. It's from a movie file that crashes potplayer on seeks to most places.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Does this crash potplayer latest beta versions for anyone else?

For me it crashes it after a second or two. It's from a movie file that crashes potplayer on seeks to most places.
    That clip works fine here. Potplayer version 1.6.50802. Takes a few seconds to load though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

That clip works fine here. Potplayer version 1.6.50802. Takes a few seconds to load though.
    Hmmm. Cant figure out what's causing it...

How about with this .ini file?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by mzso View Post

The clip works fine too and it loads instantly here. No problem with random seeking.

(I don't use any external filters like lav or madvr)
    Quote Quote  
  6. So apparently the dev found the problem. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it actually gets fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Same here what sheppaul reported, loads/plays fine with built in filters + EVR-C.
    Tried with LAV + MadVR, playback/skipping aborts or gets messy.
    (version: last stable)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Stable means nothing specifically for potplayer. The latest beta is always much stable than the last stable version as it contains huge bug patches although there could be other bugs. If you have any problem that is not reported, don't ever think it'll be fixed easily in the upcoming stable release as there is no big background community like lav or madvr. The daily beta releases are mainly for bugfixes reported by users and I can definitely say the coverage is not like what you think. That's the reason why stable is not stable as beta is not beta and they don't care about the title "beta" or "stable". I always recommend to try the latest beta for any case. It's very stable. Yeah, I'm always using the latest beta..

BTW, global forum seems to be open.
    Last edited by sheppaul; 23rd Nov 2014 at 00:58.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Added https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/ to the first post.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    BTW, global forum seems to be open.
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Added https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/ to the first post.
    Cool. Hopefully bug reporting/fixing will be more efficient now.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ugh I had to register in Chrome because the captcha wouldn't appear in firefox...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    Stable means nothing specifically for potplayer. That's the reason why stable is not stable as beta is not beta and they don't care about the title "beta" or "stable". I always recommend to try the latest beta for any case. It's very stable. Yeah, I'm always using the latest beta..
    I also did, actually , Had some serious trouble with one of the beta, so I switched back to 1.6.49952 temporarily.
    Hit the nail with your post, 1.6.49952 might be the last version ever released as "stable", anyway..!?

Updating now and will check out the new site. Really hope they improve the well known issues.
    cu guys,
    thx @ mzso, Baldrick and sheppaul
    Quote Quote  
  13. I put in a BluRay disc.
    I can read it by browsing. Open it's folders, etc...

I run Potplayer.

I press CTRL-ALT-D

It spins up the disc and then displays:
    "the file exists but does not seem to have any video"

What gives?

This is a store bought Blu-Ray Disc.
    Last edited by kevinflynn; 8th Dec 2014 at 09:15.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kevinflynn View Post
    I put in a BluRay disc.

I run Potplayer.

I press CTRL-ALT-D

What gives?

You must rip/decrypt the blu-ray to your hdd or install a background ripper like anydvd hd or dvdfab passkey.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by kevinflynn View Post
    I put in a BluRay disc.

I run Potplayer.

I press CTRL-ALT-D

What gives?

You must rip/decrypt the blu-ray to your hdd or install a background ripper like anydvd hd or dvdfab passkey.

Thank you! Fast response.. Yeah I had figured it out about 10 minutes after I posted. I thought "I can see the files and certainly the player is attempting to play the files"

Then I figured maybe this player doesn't have the decryption module like MacBlu does, etc.. I guess that's how they can do it for free.
    So I use any/clone suite for my DVDs. I just enable AnyDVD and I don't have to rip it, I can simply enable that tool and it mounts the drive and removes the certificate encryption. It plays fine now.

Just so I don't need to have the disc for my fireplace video It's like 4GB I will just rip it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi all,

I'm using PotPlayer 1.6.49953 32bit, with LAV filters 0.63.0 and madVR 0.87.10.
    I have a problem with the "Cycle subtitle" feature when no external subtitle exists.

For example I have a movie with 2 subtitle, then my "Select languages" menu shows 4 option: Off, English, Hungarian, No subtitle.
    By default "English" is selected, when I press "Cycle subtitle" first goes to "Hungarian", then "No subtitle", then "Off", after that it shows "Text undetermined - No subtitles" and don't want to start again with "English", just switch between this and "Off".
    But, if I put an external subtitle to the movie folder, it works fine, after "Off" jumps to the external subtitle then go to the internal ones.

Earlier when I used x64 version without LAV and madVR it worked fine.
    What could be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    I mentioned that issue as well. Cycling doesnt work whith the latest LAV-Splitter in your config.
    You can stick with MadVR and LAV-Video Decoder,
    but you might try "Built-in" MKV-Splitter.
    Works good as well, also it provides more nfo than previous built-in splitter versions.

I'm using/tested this right now on latest PP-version though. I strongly recommend updating PP, as was mentioned before in this thread
    the latest beta is (meanwhile) usually much more of a stable than any else ..
    Last edited by tuco76; 13th Dec 2014 at 05:34.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks, just one more question because I'm not familiar with these things.
    Does the splitter has any effect on video/audio quality?
    Or cause any performance difference?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Playback hangs for me when I use the jump to next subtitle feature at the part when she says "um". When I use lav splitter and madvr (and other renderers).
    Anyone else experiences this? I think it happens sometimes with other mkv files.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by birno View Post
    Thanks, just one more question because I'm not familiar with these things.
    Does the splitter has any effect on video/audio quality?
    Or cause any performance difference?
    Changing the splitter itself should not,if it works properly. In your case it should. It's more like opening/splitting the containerfile without actually altering/processing the various streams or their quality. The biggest impact on PQ in this chain of processes has actually the renderer.
    For that matter, you're using the best already, saying MadVR.
    Also LAV-Video Decoder and MadVR have very reasonable default settings,
    but you might check for 1-2 other things:

For my personal understanding of quality, I'd recommend to turn off all internal video processing in PP (sharpening etc).
    I keep audio processing enabled, though.
    Also some graphic cards are set by default to use such filters, like edge-enhancement, denoise etc.
    I recommend you disabling that whole stuff, and go with the LAV / Mad defaults..

I hope that wasnt all too confusing
    Last edited by tuco76; 13th Dec 2014 at 14:06.
    Quote Quote  
  21. No, it wasn't, thanks.
    I already disabled every other video processing, it looks good, don't experiencing any issue yet.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Playback hangs for me when I use the jump to next subtitle feature at the part when she says "um". When I use lav splitter and madvr (and other renderers).
    Anyone else experiences this? I think it happens sometimes with other mkv files.
    Can't reproduce this, tried Mad/EVR and LAV-Source Splitter/Built-In.
    (PP 1.6.51439)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Any chance of adding the ability to add a bookmark from the preview video screen ?

Shift S i think is the shortcut, a right click menu to add a bookmark over a preview pick would be most helpfull!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Is it just me or potplayer freezes every time it tries to update? tried running it as a administrator, but it still did't do anything, and just "freezes", or does't do anything basically, and every time i click the player there is just a *beep* sound.

Also why do i have "Direct Sound Audio Rendered" if i have LAV Audio? isn't that suppose to be the audio rendered?
    Last edited by juniiflow; 17th Dec 2014 at 16:01.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Anyone know if it's possible to add ratings to videos via the UI?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by juniiflow View Post
    Is it just me or potplayer freezes every time it tries to update? tried running it as a administrator, but it still did't do anything, and just "freezes", or does't do anything basically, and every time i click the player there is just a *beep* sound.

Also why do i have "Direct Sound Audio Rendered" if i have LAV Audio? isn't that suppose to be the audio rendered?
    Could be your Anti-Virus SW interferes or Firewall interferes? Never seen those freezes.
    You might try adding a Firewall exception for PP, also try to deactivate your Antivirus software.
    (or dump it, its pretty useless, trouble-causing bull$hit anyway if you mind what you open / execute. Never used one, myself, in like 15 years now.)

As for the audio renderer, dont bother, its perfectly allright they both show up.
    Last edited by tuco76; 7th Jan 2015 at 01:47.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by After Hours View Post
    Anyone know if it's possible to add ratings to videos via the UI?
    Now that you mentioned it, I bet they'll include this feature in no time.
    They also implemented "save vid as gif", right after some guy expressed his desire for such feature
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    They also implemented "save vid as gif", right after some guy expressed his desire for such feature
    TBH the dev usually seems indifferent to feature requests, but it's always nice when one slips in you didn't expect they'd add
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    TBH the dev usually seems indifferent to feature requests, but it's always nice when one slips in you didn't expect they'd add
    Actually, I think you're safe mentioning a certain indifferenceness there I bet the gif feature been added, for the single purpose of having a little fun on my comment, in which I previously had a little fun on the requester
    Maybe you should float a comment, like, PP had just no way any ability of implementing ratings

Seriously, I think chances are not so bad we'll see this one, sooner or later. Whatsoever, that dev keeps charging.
    Some iTunes style stars or whatev, nice idea btw
    Quote Quote  
  30. Anyone here uses multiple playlists? There's this nasty bug, introduced after 1.6.51150, which is the last good version. I have three playlists and one of them gets purged after using potplayer for a while. Can anyone verify it?

Couldn't actually figure out when or what prompts this behavior just that after that file openings (not adding to the playlist with drag and drop) purge one of the playlists in the background while adding files to the current one.
    I think it's likely that you need to actually switch between playlists and play files on multiple of them. Also the automatic clearing of the default playlist needs to be disabled because sometimes that's what's erroneously emptied and this would mask it.
    Quote Quote