VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi
    I have a seagate 3tb Hard drive.
    Have loaded all my mp4 and avi movies on it and connected it to my sony blue ray player via usb.
    Message on TV reads 'usb device not compatible'.
    Pleas help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your question has nothing to do with this topic, you have started a new thread/topic

what version USB is the TV v1 ? ver 2?

your new 3tb drive is possibly USB ver3 or maybe esata ?

your TV might even have a capacity limit and 3TB is too large for the TV to access directly

you might need a NAS server

do you have a smaller drive you can plug into the TV for testing
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I moved your post to a new thread. Please don't hijack other threads.

Is your hdd drive ntfs formated? Does your sony player support that? Check the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    3TB drives are "special" and many devices have problems reading them. The reality is that anything over 2TB right now may be problematic to use on any device, including PCs. This is most likely your real problem as most BluRay players support NTFS file systems on disk drives. You'll have to get advice specific to making 3TB drives work on your player, but it may not be possible. I deliberately don't buy anything above 2TB for reasons of compatibility. Maybe someone else has advice on how to fix it.

The other suggestions are reasonable, but they are unlikely to be your real problem. thewizard does mention that 3TB is too large and he's probably right.
    Quote Quote  
  5. And some older blue ray players will not play any kind of video from their usb port. My LG will not for instance. It will only play photos of a certain extension like JPG. Like Baldrick says: "Check your manual".
    Quote Quote