I have a nice LG BD player, it not only plays various disk but will also play files off disk.

One thing it does very well, is play MKV files with 264/AC3 at full HD and 5.1.

However there is a problem with "bad playback" when playing said MKV that was encoded from M2TS via FFMPEG.

Running the latest win bin of FFMPEG, I found several error messages when encoding a video that as an M2TS passthrough off the original BD.

What I finally was able to deduct, the M2TS has TruHD, which is 7.1 and FFMPEG has a hella time decoding it "properly".

The solution is to re-process the file via tsRemuxeR... and checking the box that says "Downconvert TruHD to AC3", and remuxing it to .TS or .M2TS (doesnt really matter).

Once we have a file that does NOT contain a TruHD audio stream, FFMPEG (And handbrakecli, btw..) processes the source video WITHOUT a single error... and the resulting MKV file plays without any periodic studded nor audio anomaly.

Once you 'rip' a BD to M2TS or TS, simply use MediaInfo to determine if the file contains TruHD.... if it does not, you do not need to remux it with downconvert.

I hope this helps someone... if you need more details, just ask... I can post screen shots if needed.

BTW, Ive been a member here for a LONG time (since the VCD days..), but forgot my account info and had to re register.

Andrew