VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks,

I would like to get my old VHS tapes on my PC. Usually this was no issue so far, except for some really old VHS tapes from 1985 that sometimes even look totally distorted. See Pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	477
Size:	706.7 KB
ID:	16353Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Distorted.PNG
Views:	343
Size:	720.2 KB
ID:	16354

In the second picture, you can see how the image randomly gets distorted to the left (there is a black triangle on the bottom right).
    Do you think there is any way of somehow automatically bending the pictures back into the right position? I couldn't find anything on this.

The videos seem to be NTSC-M (looks the best at least in VirtualDub).
    My VCR is a "Thomson Vph 6400". It's connected via a SCART cable to a "Terratec G3 USB 2.0 G3 USB 2.0", which in turn is connected to my PC via USB.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you live in germany (pal vcr most likely) and the tape is ntsc the signal sent should be pal60 not ntsc-m so i find it strange.

Try dscaler instead of virtualdub and see where this lead you but i think you will need a good full frame tbc for this tape
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. Line-level tbc. Definitely needed. Also, the recording according to the screen caps are too bright, which is another reason why they look so washed out. Highlights are being destroyed, especially bright red.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 25th Mar 2014 at 12:32.
    Quote Quote