First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong section,but the issue is primarily audio related so I though it best to start here.
I have come across this a few times before and want to tryand get definitive answer.
I have a number of DVD-R's that I am ripping to my PC,re-authoring in DVD-Lab Pro and creating menus etc.
I have a disc that seems to have a damaged audio file. Possiblydue to the way it was made originally, bad media, user error etc.
When it is played in VLC before or after it is ripped to thehard drive it plays fine and is in sync. I know the point that the errorhappens and when playing the file is makes a loud squeak sound at this pointfor a few seconds and continues fine afterwards.
However when I demux this file in DVD Lab and then remux it when authoring,the resulting video does have issues. It plays in sync until the error occurs,then it plays out of sync afterwards. It is as if DVD Lab is cutting out theaudio error so the audio file is shorter after the error occurs.
Now I have found what appears to be a great program calleddelaycut that can either fix or insert silence into the damaged audio frames.The problem is that the bad frames seem to be deleted when the movie is beingdemuxed, so when I go to add the audio file into delaycut it doesn't solve muchas the frames to be silenced/fixed are no longer there.
I've tried a different program to demux the audio, VirtualDub Mob, but that won't actually extract it. When it hits the damaged frame itgives an error and won't continue.
The only way I can think to get around this is to cut thefile in half at the exact point where the error occurs. This way I will havepart one (before the error and in sync) and part two (after the error and outof sync). I can then advance the audio slightly on part 2 and then join themtogether again.
Does anyone else have an alternative? Has anyone come acrossa program that can extract audio and either ignore errors or insert silenceduring the demux stage?
This time it is not too bad as there is only one error,however in the past I had a disc that had 17 errors so I have to get it into 17separate parts which as you can imagine was a nightmare! I thought I might beable to tell Virtual Dub Mob to ignore errors but I canít seem to see it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Audio Bad Frames
Many thanks for your reply. I've actually found a post from 2004 that covers the same issue, which you also replied to but it doesn't look like a complete solution was found.
I ripped the DVD with decrypter - no errors or issues at all when ripping. I've not tried pgcdemux so I'll give that a go tonight and I think I'll also try dgindex.
Sorted it! I downloaded pgcedit but couldn't really figure out how to use it so in the meantime I tried DG Index and that did it. I then ran that audio file through delaycut, which fixed the errors by inserting silence and now the end result is perfectly in sync.
Thanks again for your assitance.