VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi! First of all I'm a noob so please bear with me.

I'm playing anime on MPC-HC using madVR+Lavfilters+xy-vsfilter, and when I skip to a beginning of a chapter the subtitles that are supposed to load at that exact time don't appear, but they do appear if I don't skip to them. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Frostheat_22 View Post
    ...when I skip to a beginning of a chapter the subtitles that are supposed to load at that exact time don't appear, but they do appear if I don't skip to them. Any ideas?
    Back up to just before the beginning of the chapter? Have the chapter start earlier? Have the sub start later?

If the subs are too close to the beginning of a chapter (and you start at that chapter point) they won't play. Retail DVDs are supposed to take something like that into account. Did you create or OCR the subs yourself, or is this an untouched retail DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The subtitle loads if I back up a little bit before it, but not if I skip to it. Is there any fix?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Manono is right. You only have 2 options at this point. Move the chapter points earlier or the subs later. You can try another video player and see if they can do a better job.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Individual sub timings can be changed in DVDSubEdit. This requires the DVD on the hard drive and then reburning afterwards. I've had this problem before but forget how much I had to delay the sub at the beginning of a chapter before it would play. I think it's around 300ms or so.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm not playing a DVD but anime with .mkv format
    Quote Quote  
  7. Then it shouldn't be too hard to either change the chapter point or the subtitle start point and remux back into MKV
    Quote Quote