VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Its a clean install of windows, i installed latest java and ps3 media server and it just doesnt connect to the ps3 for some reason. It's connected via ethernet, but just doesnt recognise in the ps3 media server.

Ive added java and javaw to allow connections and ps3 media server to allow connections in windows firewall and under network sharing everything is set ok but just doesnt register.

any assistance appreciated.. cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. bump^

just sais no renderers were found... this has been a problem so many times before with ps3 media server.. i got banned from the forum ! : ) so can't get help from there.. thoughts/ assistance...
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Has it ever worked?
    Have you tried with any other media server? Just to see that the connection works at all.

And please wait some days before you bump.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PS3 Media Server is old.

Try Universal Media Server (PS3MS based but some better on performance and stable) or Serviio, the very nice media server in nowsday)

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Added UMS to our tools list also.
    Quote Quote  
  6. strange, serviio works but neither Universal Media Server or PS3 Media Server will connect,...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Why use those? MS has a server for your PS3.
    Quote Quote  
  8. so can play all media...
    Quote Quote  
  9. yea so serviio works but neither ump or ps3 media server connect.. cannot find renderer.. wtf... could it be some service or something that isnt running , any thoughts,....
    Quote Quote  
  10. PSM also did that to me, just gave up on it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it didn't work then....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Best thing to do just connect your TV to your computer & use VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  13. cant do that, thats not what im asking about

how can serviio connect but not ums or ps3ms, wtf.. makes no sense
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by krohm View Post
    cant do that, thats not what im asking about

how can serviio connect but not ums or ps3ms, wtf.. makes no sense
    My setup to PSM work:

- Router using UPNP ON

- PC have fixed IP and setting on DMZ.

- On PMS, selected my NETWORK card (No auto)

- On PS3, UPNP enable.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  15. network card is selected , sais the ip address and the network card in playstation media server

Click image for larger version

Name:	pms.jpg
Views:	1404
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	16471

i just auto click through on ps3 on network setup, whatever default security is and havent changed anything with my router...
    Quote Quote  
  16. You are not using Windows 8 by any chance are you? I know there is a problem with PS3 Media Server and other media server software with Win 8. There are forums posts littering the internet asking for a fix and so many people still waiting for Microsoft to make a patch, including myself
    Quote Quote  
  17. ha, surprised i didnt mention this in the post, yes i am using win 8... sht, so no good at this point ! serviio works though..

whats the problem
    Quote Quote  
  18. The problem with Windows 8 is in the Network Advanced Settings. Many people are having problems with the Media Streaming Options not allowing the PS3 to be recognized by Windows. Seems that when you "check the box" it doesn't hold the setting.

I tried a few other programs to stream the media to my PS3, but they also had problems rendering problem too. Will try out Serviio when I next install Win 8, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  19. well i dont want to pay for serviio when ps3 media server and usm are free... so what,.. everyone is in the same position with windows 8 at this point. you cannot run a media server except serviio to your ps3 from windows 8 ?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Seems very strange, but many people are in the same boat. I went back to Win 7 for now, but will see what Serviio is like. If it works as good and as easy as PS3 Media Server I may buy it and reinstall Win 8. It does come down to ease of use as my kids are the ones who use the media server. I want to upgrade to running a NAS but the cost is a bit off putting at the moment
    Quote Quote