VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    PotPlayer 1.5.35491 32-bit stable (Feb 5, 2013)

Hi, as there is no official English forum for PotPlayer, I hope my request for a bug fix may go noticed here...

This player is terrific, however one thing that has never worked is the ability to play seamless (multi part) Blu-ray playlists (.MPLS) correctly. Although it will play the MPLS properly if you play from start to finish, if you use the Timeline, Go-to ('G'), or Chapters (shift+pgup/pgdn) it causes incorrect playback sequences. What's happening is the player skips to the offset within the *current* M2TS instead of calculating the offset for the entire playlist and selecting the correct M2TS file.

If you're testing this, first make sure you're actually playing a seamless (multi part) blu-ray disc. i.e. one where there are multiple M2TS files for the main feature. e.g. "Toy Story 1 (au/nz)" main feature 00150.mpls is linked to 11 M2TS files.

I'm not looking for "you should try this player instead" replies, but just hope the PotPlayer author might stumble across this post one day...
    Last edited by katipo; 16th Feb 2013 at 00:52.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Potplayer is good (though it was my 3rd favorite in windows) but blu ray support is still rather sketchy in software players. I'd look for a different player. I don't know of any good ones, and I don't use windows programs for video play anymore anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by katipo View Post
    Hi, as there is no official English forum for PotPlayer, I hope my request for a bug fix may go noticed here...

but just hope the PotPlayer author might stumble across this post one day...
    That seems very-unlikely.
    If I were you, I would give a chance to Google's ( half-assed ) translator, and post the complaint in their Korean forum.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I tried posting to potplayer.5d6d.net - which is unfortunately Chinese (not Korean) so is probably the wrong site.
    I also sent an email to a "hanmail" address I found (which may be for Daum?). Neither had a reply.
    Also, the Doom9 "semi official" Potplayer thread has been "frozen" since last year.

Oh well, I've tried my best to give some constructive feedback. Mind you, it's surprising what a Google Bot can do trawling through even the most remote forums, so you never know?

p.s. I tried Google translator with varying success. I got stuck with some Chinese Captcha bitmaps (no text to copy/paste).
    Quote Quote