I have a Vizio Co-Star GoogleTV STB and also some NAS storage with movie files. The Co-Star does not currently decode nor allow for pass-thru of DTS audio. It can pass-through Dolby Digital AC3 provided a receiver is attached. So, I have used mainly the MKV2AC3 app (and sometimes Popcorn Audio Converter) to successfully convert any files I have which contain DTS (and to also remove subtitles and other language sound tracks I do not need) and have been very happy with how the apps works (just wish it was a little faster, but other than that I like it). Movie playback via my Co-Star on my Samsung 55in and Denon AVR has been great.

But now I have a problem...

I'm looking to add a 2nd Vizio Co-Star to a TV upstairs and it will NOT have a 5.1 AVR attached - it will just be cable box, tv and Vizio Co-Star. Since this is the case, the files I have that have been converted from DTS to AC3 are not expected to play upstairs because the 5.1 pass-thru to an AVR is not part of the equation. Is there a way or more importantly a single app that will allow me if I have a movie file with DTS to convert the DTS audio to BOTH AC3 and AAC (primary/secondary) or for the files that I have that are already AC3 only, convert&add an AAC track? I'd like to be able to have a single movie file that if I open downstairs will play the AC3 audio but if I open upstairs will play the AAC audio. Is that even possible or do I need two sets of movie files: one with AC3 and one with AAC? The player I am using is ViMu (formerly GTVBox Player). I am sending a similar post to the dev of ViMu to see if his app will have any issues with playback assuming this is even possible. I am a novice here when it comes to things like this so I apprecaite any feedback. Thanks.