VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On and off I've been using XmediaRecode for years to convert DVDs or vob files to MKVs without much problem. However, I have never been able to change the resolution of any of these files with out it immediately crashing.
    I'm using Win XP. I've tried using custom settings as well as just using any of the presents that automatically change the resolution with always the same result.

Most of the time I use handbrake and Vidcoder for the above purpose without ever having any problems. But, I do keep coming back to XMR with every new version to see if anythings changed. So far the results have always been the same... all the XMR functions work fine except changing the resolution.

Am I just doing something stupid?

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm test converting a DVD to MKV H264 and resized to 640x360 now. No crashes.

Do you have the latest version? 3.1.4.6.
    Have you tried another video source? Or convert to some other format? Still crashes?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Baldrick ..thanks for the reply. My assumption was that the change resolution function did work for others. I just wondered why it didn't work for me.

I've tried versions that go back for a few years{at least 10 versions] I've tried various types of inputs and outputs all with the same result everything else works just no ability the change resolution with out an immediate crash.

Since I've used other programs that allow for resolution changes, I just thought I was doing something wrong.

However, if import a vob and using the Blackberry setting that auto converts the vid to a 320x240 and do nothing other than hit the ADD Job button than the ENCODE button it moves to the new encoding screen and immediately crashes and the DRwatson screen pops up.

It's not that important to me because I usually use VidCoder or Handbrake anyway but for my own satisfaction, I'd like to know why it fails.

Tony
    Quote Quote