VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is a multi part question and I am more interested in the gear I need to set it up rather than running it cause I won't be running it but I will be getting everything in place.

My Church wants to start videoing sermons and putting them on the website for people to watch when they can't make it to church and they also want to play the sermon live on a TV in the Lobby area. So whats the cheapest way I can set this up? I need a camera, and I need to hook that camera up to the soundboard to get the audio. Then I need that to go to a computer to save it so we can post it on the website. I also need to it run to a TV in the Lobby aprox 50ft away. So what gear do I need to do this cause I haven't set up anything like this before?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Power Producer can capture (and edit later)from a camera but you need a capture device hooked up to your computer, a splitter, run cables from the camera directly to the TV but use splitter to run cables from the camera to the computer too. That's what I'd do if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on the camera you are using as to whether it is easy or not. If you use a splitter to feed a computer and TV at the same time the picture will suffer (be very dark on a PAL system, not sure what affect it will have on NTSC) as you only have half of the signal going to each. If you are using a DV camera, it will have Firewire output, run that to the computer for transferring and run composite video (yellow RCA) to the TV. Use the composite audio (red and white RCA) to the soundboard for audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you're right bud I didn't even think about that happening.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, I'll look up Power Producer and try it with running the cord straight from the camera to the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Richard_G View Post
    If you use a splitter to feed a computer and TV at the same time the picture will suffer (be very dark on a PAL system, not sure what affect it will have on NTSC) as you only have half of the signal going to each.
    Exactly what happens depends on whether the receiving devices have automatic gain control based on the sync levels. In any case, a distribution amp is inexpensive and will avoid problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, MsBathsheba my mistake it's Cyberlink Power Director I was thinking of that does the Capturing. It's kind of an all in one video production studio software.
    Quote Quote