This is my first go at video conversion.
I have an FLV video file that I would like to play via DLNA on my Oppo BDP 93 (tried USB as well). The MediaInfo analysis of the file is attached (1.txt).
The Oppo does not play FLV natively, so I have converted the file to mp4 using ffmpeg (ffmpeg -i 1.flv -vcodec copy -acodec copy 1.mkv). This worked fine and the file plays on the oppo in principle, but it it stutters every second or so.
The file is 25fps and the Oppo does not play 25fps, it converts to 24fps, which would explain the stutters. I tried setting the Oppo to PAL only, which makes it convert the file to 50fps on playing, but the stutter is still there.
Is there an easy way (I'm not an expert) to convert the file to 50fps (seems a simple doubling of each frame) without quality loss, so that it would play natively at 50fps on the Oppo, hopefully without stuttering?
Or is there another suggestion what I could try?
Thanks a lot for any help
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Converting FLV for Oppo BDP
Have you tried make both a mp4 and mkv?
Have you tried play it directly from a flash drive or dvdr media? Just to see if the dlna causes any problems.
And I guess you have read http://www.avsforum.com/t/1291855/official-oppo-bdp-93-owners-thread for tips from other oppo users.
I started out converting to mkv, but that didn't play at all. I contacted Oppo support and they said it could be the h.264 codec used. The Oppo does not support all h.264 codecs. Seems strange to me, as the mp4 container played fine (with the exception of the stutter) without any transcoding from the original FLV file.
Also tried USB, but that gave exactly the same result as DLNA, so I ruled out DLNA being the issue.
Oppo support gave me the hint to set the oppo to PAL only, so it would convert to 50fps.
I did search the Oppo owner's thread, but couldn't find anything relevant to my issue. I must admit I did not read all 818 pages of it though.
By the way, all files (FLV, MKV, MP4) play fine on the PC using jRiver. No stutter. So it seems to me the issue is not with the source file itself.