VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have a New Logik L2HDVD12 player, can anyone please provide the hack to make it region free.
    Have tried the hack for L2HDVD11, this did not work !
    Grateful for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there may not be any, because not all dvd/bluray players can be hacked.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    MOST BluRay players CANNOT be hacked. EVER. If you can't find a hack, then one probably doesn't exist. This is why you need to research unlocking players before you buy.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi jman98, october262

I should have mentioned, the DVD player is a newer model and as such is not yet listed in most hack lists... was kind of hoping someone else has found how to unlock it. I tried to the codes for the Logik L2HDVD11 & 09 thinking the software would be similar as the unit codes are very close, but no luck

Again, any help would be welcomed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe someone will eventually post a code that works, but you can't assume that this will happen. In your part of the world Philips still makes cheap DVD players that can easily be unlocked. Heck, they even still do that for North America - I have one. Again, you really need to research before buying. We get posts all the time from disappointed buyers who just assume that they can buy any old player available and unlock it later, only to find out that their player can't be unlocked at all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Jman98,
    It's really not a big... I bought this unit for two reasons, 1 because it's HD and 2 price, less than £20 inc del & tax. It's replacing a similar model (unlocked) thats gotten a little fussy about playing some discs, freezing and bad disc error. 95% of my collection will play on the new one fine, and the old one will play most of the others... was simply the convienence factor.
    As I pointed out, the unit is a new product, at least here in the UK, so I am not surprised a code is not yet available.. perhaps I'm the first to ask... sure as hell won't be the last.
    Thanks anyway
    Quote Quote