VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am trying to find the hack for the above mentioned Sony BD/DVD player, I cannot get a all in one remote as I live in South Africa. I have been told that blu ray players cannot be hacked, yet I have seen that certain models can. I know the five codes that Sony use for their five regions, I just need to know what code and sequence of steps to use to activate those codes

Thanks
    Spookmalook
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's a Home Theater System....
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDVE190-Blu-ray-Cinema-System/dp/B007NXA9J4
    NOT gonna happen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No matter how much we say it, nobody listens.

Almost nothing Sony or Samsung makes can be unlocked. The fact that a very small number of players they make can be unlocked does NOT mean that your particular player can be.

Most BluRay players CANNOT be unlocked - ever. I said MOST. The few that can usually only unlock for DVD playback.

Specialty players, which includes home theater systems, almost NEVER can be unlocked.

You have a Sony, you have a BluRay player, you have a specialty player. The odds of just ONE of those being able to be unlocked is less than 10%. You've got three bad things going against you. You're looking at odds of maybe 1 in 1000 or worse here.

No matter how often we say this, people ignore it, so you're welcome to keep looking, but you will fail in this quest.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, had I known this information prior to going to look at prices for the system, I would have looked at different systems. I am not quite the techno idiot I may seem. I would have listened to advice given had I found this website prior. I have not paid much attention to blu ray until now as I have had no reason to and home theater systems are now coming out as specialty systems. I have had straight forward DVD home theater systems which I have always hackked very quickly. I have paid more attention to the pc side of technology as my DVD player has served me well until now, ironically my DVD player is a samsung which I bought 2 years ago and hacked within 5 minutes of getting home, it is unlocked for all regions (I do heed what you are saying about samsung though, guess I got lucky in that one).

The reason I looked at Sony first was that I have a Sony Bravia TV. I am only looking at trying to unlock the DVD player side and not the Blu Ray side, I have to things going for me. first the retail store that sold me the system told me that the DVD side could be unlocked prior to purchase and are now in contact with sony to do so, secondly, an operator at Sony told me that the DVD player was already multi zoned, oops on a recorded line and I have all the names and have now gone to the Manager of the retail store and his staff are scrambling to get the codes from Sony. Sorry for the bother and I do listen to advice when given.

So what would then then advise I buy that may be hacked as a specialty system or should I just service my old samsung and run both
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    If still under warranty take your player (unit) to these Service Centres to make player region free.
    Player can only be made dvd region free unfortunately.

REGARDS
    MMM

RECTRON MIDRAND
    152 15th Rd , Ranjespark , Midrand
    MIDRAND
    Phone: 011 203 1000

• • • •

SVS Electronics

MIDRAND
    Unit 1A, Block A, Richards Drive, Gallagher Corner

Phone: 011 805 5148

• • • • •
    Community Electronics

ALBERTON
    Helens 20, Shop 13, Kritzinger road, florentia, Alberton

Phone: 011 907 2165

Phone: 011 869 7209

• • • • •

USER ELECTRONICS

PRETORIA
    770 Jacqueline St, Garsfontein
    PRETORIA
    Phone: 012 998 0063/4

• • • • •

APPLIQUE APPLIANCES

VAN DER BIJL PARK
    Shop 5, Cnr General Hertzog and Verwoerd st
    VANDERBILJPARK
    Phone: 016 933 0818/0951
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info Micheal and sorry for taking so long to reply, will contact you if I need help
    Quote Quote