VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to trim all kinds of videos to the accuracy of 1 frame? If not, what application(s) would you recommend to trim MKV, AVI, MP4, MKV, and WMV files to the frame accuracy possible? I also want to join certain files of the same format too. Lastly, the quality of the file must be preserved 100%.

My friend has a copy of SolveigMM Video Splitter, but when I used it, I couldn't trim to the accuracy of 1 frame (maybe it's just the limitation of the file).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by mindstormer View Post
    Is it possible to trim all kinds of videos to the accuracy of 1 frame? If not, what application(s) would you recommend to trim MKV, AVI, MP4, MKV, and WMV files to the frame accuracy possible? I also want to join certain files of the same format too. Lastly, the quality of the file must be preserved 100%.

My friend has a copy of SolveigMM Video Splitter, but when I used it, I couldn't trim to the accuracy of 1 frame (maybe it's just the limitation of the file).

Thanks.

You have to enable smart rendering mode for solveigmm

Technically, quality isn't necessarily preserved 100% , because a few frames are re-encoded around the cutsite if it's not on a GOP boundary

Non smart rendering cutters will preserve quality 100%, but not frame accurate. For long GOP formats, it's impossible to preserve 100% quality and have frame accuracy
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Awesome, thanks.

Any recommendations on the types of applications I might want?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use solveigmm . smart rendering has to be enabled specifically for frame accurate cuts (you might have had it turned off)

You can also try tmpgenc smart renderer , videoredo . They don't necessarly work with all types of files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, thanks so much for the fast replies.
    Quote Quote