VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. friends
    i have many MKV video files in 3D and normal one too, but some of them are cinavia protected, i have searched the net to remove this protection but all are providing the PS3 removing thing, I dont want to play it in PS3, i have Samsung BDP-6500 player which can play MKV files directly, so if someone know the procedure to remove this protection please help me
    Thanks

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    currently there is no way to remove cinavia, only bypass it
    there are several bluray players that currently don't have cinavia detection put in by the manufacture.

Search PM
    And a simple search on "cinavia" at this site would have told you all that if you had bothered to check.

4. Member
    Search PM
    Most who are bypassing Cinavia are doing so with older blu ray players that do not have Cinavia detection, media players (such as the WD TV Live series), or by using HTPC's. Unfortunately, the commercial software players used by many in HTPC's are also having to conform to AACS specifications, and are adding Cinavia detection.

But as stated above, actual removal of Cinavia is not possible yet. DVDRanger's supposed "solution" has turned out to be vaporware, as virtually everyone thought. And Slysoft hasn't been talking about their efforts in this area much at all.

drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by amitabhbansal View Post
    i have Samsung BDP-6500 player which can play MKV files directly, so if someone know the procedure to remove this protection please help me
    Thanks
    Yeah, that is the BR player I was using for a couple years, until I got irredeemably fed up with it, for a number of reasons. Somewhere in the later going, Cinavia snuck onto it, via an unwanted firmware update that I would have had to know about in advance (I didn't), and to have taken active countermeasures in order to avoid. I'm so glad I ditched it, in favor of an older Oppo model that is great, and does not have these issues.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My son too updated my PS3 by mistake he says, So now that won't play backed up cinavia protected disks, So I use BDRebuilder to shrink down to a standard DVD 5 or 9 an play that on a standard dvd player, I have been looking at the Panasonic 210 or 215 which aren't cinavia protected they seem to have good reviews.

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    My son too updated my PS3 by mistake he says, So now that won't play backed up cinavia protected disks, So I use BDRebuilder to shrink down to a standard DVD 5 or 9 an play that on a standard dvd player, I have been looking at the Panasonic 210 or 215 which aren't cinavia protected they seem to have good reviews.
    You'd be better off to just rip the BluRay movies to MKV files and play them on a Western Digital or similar streaming media player. No Cinavia that way as the WD players don't recognize it.

SOME DVD players do recognize Cinavia, so your conversion attempts could in theory be a waste of time.

Any BD players manufactured after some date last year are required to support Cinavia, so inevitably even Panasonic will make a player that supports it.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    You'd be better off to just rip the BluRay movies to MKV files and play them on a Western Digital or similar streaming media player. No Cinavia that way as the WD players don't recognize it.

SOME DVD players do recognize Cinavia, so your conversion attempts could in theory be a waste of time.

Any BD players manufactured after some date last year are required to support Cinavia, so inevitably even Panasonic will make a player that supports it.
    My first DVD player was a Malata 700 that had been "chipped" to ignore regions and Macrovision. It was quite a good player, that could also internally convert PAL discs to NTSC format, with no special multi-format TV or other equipment required. If there are any equivalent off-brand BR players along these lines out there, they have completely escaped my notice. My guess is that the Mfr.s learned from their earlier "mistakes", and when they developed and signed on to the BR spec, they greatly tightened the screws on what would be allowed, also limiting what companies would be allowed to join the club.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.

9. IIRC, all BD standalones manufactured after February 2012 have to implement Cinavia.

It so happens, Feb 2012 was when I bought my third BD player, an LG BD670 3D player. It does not recognize Cinavia, nor do my older Sony BDP-S360 players. But I couldn't tell you the last time I used them, apart from playing some 3D Blu-Rays on the BD670. Since I got my 65" 3D TV, we rarely view movies on any of our other TVs, and usually play MKVs from hard drive on the big one. First thing I do when I buy a disc is rip it and make an MKV out of it.

It may be that I've bought my last BD standalone. The only way I would is if my 3D player were to die before there is some satisfactory alternative method of playing 3D movies in full 3D. Yeah, I know, PowerDVD, but I've always disliked it.

Although I don't have a media player, that would seem to be preferable to a standalone, IMO.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 4th Feb 2013 at 19:43.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jman98 has a good idea with the Western Digital or similar streaming media player if you don't want to do conversions, I have an older Oppo player and a Sony 510 player which are still available and cinavia free but they don't play blurays, And as others mention any Bluray player after 2-12-2012 is suppose to have cinavia but I read that oppo players are still cinavia free for now with the cheapest player around $500.

11. Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    jman98 has a good idea with the Western Digital or similar streaming media player if you don't want to do conversions, I have an older Oppo player and a Sony 510 player which are still available and cinavia free but they don't play blurays, And as others mention any Bluray player after 2-12-2012 is suppose to have cinavia but I read that oppo players are still cinavia free for now with the cheapest player around $500.
    The OPPO BDP-8x and BDP-9x players will never detect and enforce Cinavia. They were designed, approved, and licensed before the mandatory addition of Cinavia was required. The BDP-10x players do enforce Cinavia and every subsequent licensed OPPO Blu-ray player will also have to enforce it.

Let's be clear here that the mandatory addition of Cinavia enforcement comes down to the date at which the player was submitted for approval and licensed. If the player was approved prior to the February deadline then it isn't required to ever support Cinavia. Some makers might still have implemented it but they didn't have to. If it was submitted after the deadline then there is no choice in the matter.

12. Originally Posted by HemLok View Post
    Let's be clear here that the mandatory addition of Cinavia enforcement comes down to the date at which the player was submitted for approval and licensed. If the player was approved prior to the February deadline then it isn't required to ever support Cinavia. Some makers might still have implemented it but they didn't have to. If it was submitted after the deadline then there is no choice in the matter.
    Now that's an important distinction. I was under the impression that players manufactured after February 2012 had to implement Cinavia. But it makes more sense that it would only apply to approval and licensing of new player models.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In reply to cornicopia. "And a simple search on "cinavia" at this site would have told you all that if you had bothered to check."

Hey smartass, if you checked the net you would have realized there are people smarter than you and there is a way to do it. All you have to do is some research and spend some money. There is software "DVD RANGER 5" that can solve cinavia's protection issues. I have an IQ of 144, so yes, I am a smartass. So next time you wan't to pick on someone who asks a question, why don't you open your eyes and mind before opening your mouth from your mom's basement.

Links below to article and software....

Article: http://www.dvd2hd.com/2012/09/21/dvd-and-blu-ray-copying-without-cinavia/

Software: http://www.dvd2hd.com/

14. Originally Posted by gpharman View Post
    In reply to cornicopia. "And a simple search on "cinavia" at this site would have told you all that if you had bothered to check."

Hey smartass, if you checked the net you would have realized there are people smarter than you and there is a way to do it. All you have to do is some research and spend some money. There is software "DVD RANGER 5" that can solve cinavia's protection issues. I have an IQ of 144, so yes, I am a smartass. So next time you wan't to pick on someone who asks a question, why don't you open your eyes and mind before opening your mouth from your mom's basement.

Links below to article and software....

Article: http://www.dvd2hd.com/2012/09/21/dvd-and-blu-ray-copying-without-cinavia/

Software: http://www.dvd2hd.com/
    gpharman, nice IQ and all but... your information is far from accurate.

Pointing to DVD Ranger 5 with the "CinEX" module/addon won't exactly win any awards. The supposed Cinavia removal method from Pixbyte STILL hasn't been released - which is clearly noted on at least one of the pages you linked to - so they can claim they found a solution but it's meaningless if it's not available and I don't consider it to be a valid solution without proof and availability.

Pixbyte advertised the Cinavia removal release over a month before it was to be released and took pre-orders. The release date came and then passed with no release and no real explanation as to why it wasn't released at the time until they were pressed for one. People who got angry and requested a refund since they paid up-front for the product that wasn't delivered got their money back although some reported it wasn't exactly an easy process. To top if off everyone I've heard from who did request/demand a refund due the failure on the developers part to actually release the product found themselves effectively banned/blacklisted from any future product purchase from the company meaning they couldn't buy the software when the company does finally get around to releasing it. The company also went and locked down their forums after they failed to release the Cinavia solution so that only registered software users can access it meaning if you don't give them money you just can't check in on things even if your are seriously interested in buying the product. Not very friendly or a good way to get people to want to buy your product.

So, let's summarize. The company took pre-orders on a product they claimed would be released on Halloween of 2012 but to this day have still not delivered going on 4 months later and they have treated peope who pre-ordered like garbage if they demanded their money back. Hardly a reputable, customer-friendly, or respectable company. There is no available, valid, proven Cinavia solution. At this point the claimed solution is nothing but snake oil until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by HemLok; 27th Feb 2013 at 22:25.

15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    gpharman - You joined just to be a dick? You're almost a month late to this party. And nobody was talking to you anyway.

One thing I've learned in life is that the more people tell you how _______ they are, the less likely they are that.

Pixbyte made a lot of news with their release and we talked about it, but from the beginning they've been completely mysterious about this "crack" they discovered, insisting that they found it accidentally, but it worked on every disc they tested, or something close to that. All I can tell is that the geniuses who did the work to crack BluRay encryption, the supposedly "unbreakable" encryption that sold the format to Hollywood in the beginning, have come up empty so far in defeating it. I suppose it's possible but it's not very likely that Pixbyte stumbled onto something that the geniuses haven't tried. My guess is that Cinavia won't ever be able to be removed as such and it's going to take re-encoding the audio with special filters to get rid of it.

16. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Pixbyte made a lot of news with their release and we talked about it, but from the beginning they've been completely mysterious about this "crack" they discovered, insisting that they found it accidentally, but it worked on every disc they tested, or something close to that. All I can tell is that the geniuses who did the work to crack BluRay encryption, the supposedly "unbreakable" encryption that sold the format to Hollywood in the beginning, have come up empty so far in defeating it. I suppose it's possible but it's not very likely that Pixbyte stumbled onto something that the geniuses haven't tried. My guess is that Cinavia won't ever be able to be removed as such and it's going to take re-encoding the audio with special filters to get rid of it.
    I expect the Pixbyte release whenever it finally drops to be along the lines of the screwing with the audio output on a PS3 which worked once upon a time or the DVDFab temporary "hack" that left you with BDMV-REC discs that wouldn't play once Sony patched that in newer PS3 firmware updates that you can't not install if you want to use your PS3 online, wouldn't play on any player other than the PS3 that I am aware, and required specific Blu-ray burners that supported binding nonce generation which not all burners do to burn the BDMV-REC disc in the first place. Both worked... for a very short period of time and the DVDFab one wasn't free. Simply put, I don't expect the Pixbyte solution to actually be future-proof. It's up to them to release it and prove people wrong, of course, which could always happen but I just don't buy it.

I won't be holding my breath on a real Cinavia solution. It might happen... someday. It won't be soon.
    Last edited by HemLok; 27th Feb 2013 at 22:27.

17. This needs to be marked down as a weird record...someone calling Scott a smartass.
    Since he has been patient and generous with his knowledge here....

That Ranger 5 bunch are frauds.

Search PM
    Well, I don't mind much when someone compliments the intelligence of my bum (though I'd rather it be other parts).

But ha, ha, ha! That DVD-Ranger CinEx crap - talk about Vaporware scam! My original answer still stands.

Scott

Search Comp PM
    No, it seems their current model crop (10x) has knuckled under to this horrendous bullshit foisted by the powers-that-be. And the Oppo models I'm aware of cost more than that. In another of these threads, someone here said going that route was major overkill. I disagree, personally having a bunch of other reasons besides just the Cinavia to do it. No regrets on that decision: I like having things the way I prefer, and that's often worth it to me. I also enjoy giving the one-finger-salute to the purveyors of things like Cinavia.

20. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    No, it seems their current model crop (10x) has knuckled under to this horrendous bullshit foisted by the powers-that-be. And the Oppo models I'm aware of cost more than that. In another of these threads, someone here said going that route was major overkill. I disagree, personally having a bunch of other reasons besides just the Cinavia to do it. No regrets on that decision: I like having things the way I prefer, and that's often worth it to me. I also enjoy giving the one-finger-salute to the purveyors of things like Cinavia.
    Yes, Oppo definitely had no option with the BDP-103/105 players. Sadly, the players were not approved and licensed before the deadline. If they flagrantly ignored this then they would have not been granted a license which means no handling of AACS, BD+, or any other capabilities that require an AACS LA license. As a whole that would cripple Oppo. Yes, it sucks that they had to add Cinavia enforcement but that's just how it is and Oppo still has superb build quality as well as upconverting capabilities for DVDs even if they are forced to add Cinavia to the BDP-10x players and future ones.

If people want to play back backups with Cinavia then they can look at unlicensed player devices like the Dune HD, Popcorn Hour, or cheaper such devices. There's also always just using an HTPC with a non-licensed player like J River Media Center, as well. It isn't the same as just using a nice Oppo standalone player but it works. For the foreseeable future I can fall back on my Oppo BDP-83 and BDP-93 if I'm stuck needing to watch a backup of my Blu-ray library that contains Cinavia.

Cinavia is definitely a thorn in the side of the standalone player manufacturers. Adding the Cinavia detection/enforcement increases the cost and development of their products. The exception to this is the likes of Sony and similar who have money spread throughout the industry with blank disc production, standalone players, content distribution, Sony Pictures, etc. Sony makes money every step along the way. Too much money and control IMO.
    Last edited by HemLok; 28th Feb 2013 at 22:47.

21. Btw, let's also not forget that depending on the standalone player it might support Cinavia but not enforce it in all media formats. Some players will mute playback of an unprotected Blu-ray backup burned to disc and played back but won't prevent watching a the same movie backed up in the form of a Matroska container burned to disc, on USB stick, or external HDD.

In the case of at least two model players a simple MakeMKV rip without video stream conversion or even audio stream will not pose any problem for playback even if the audio has the Cinavia watermark absolutely nothing is being altered.
    Last edited by HemLok; 28th Feb 2013 at 18:18.

22. I can't wait for gpharman's next humorous post.

23. Whether or not this is completely factual there are two individuals or maybe one person acting like two people seemingly representing DVD Ranger over in the MyCe forums. One of the people made the statement

Originally Posted by DVDRanger

[SNIP]

And do you really think that we have to go to prison? Hmm, Sony thinks the same and is working on court to bring us to prision. Why else do you think there is such a big delay? A second issue is, in November, when we got the injunction, we asked Slysoft, DVDFab, Xilisoft for help. We offered them our solution in source code. What did you think they answered: Nothing. So those companies have no interrest into cracking Cinavia because they want to sell you hardware. They want to sell you their own media boxes. This is the fact.

You know the world turns further and do you think we will fight for a thing where everyday a brown noiser put his offense comment to? Think about this. We know how hard it is to crack Cinavia and I do not think that this chinese opensoruce thiefs like DVDFab or Xilisoft will ever be able to develop those rocket science software.
    Supposed injunctions which I actually do believe but wouldn't it be nice if the Pixbyte website openly informed people of this being the reason for the 4 month delay? If the companies named turned down the request for help and didn't want the Pixbyte's unproven Cinavia removal snake oil then I find the whole delay and silence to be hysterical.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HemLok View Post
    Whether or not this is completely factual there are two individuals or maybe one person acting like two people seemingly representing DVD Ranger over in the MyCe forums. One of the people made the statement

Originally Posted by DVDRanger

[SNIP]

And do you really think that we have to go to prison? Hmm, Sony thinks the same and is working on court to bring us to prision. Why else do you think there is such a big delay? A second issue is, in November, when we got the injunction, we asked Slysoft, DVDFab, Xilisoft for help. We offered them our solution in source code. What did you think they answered: Nothing. So those companies have no interrest into cracking Cinavia because they want to sell you hardware. They want to sell you their own media boxes. This is the fact.

You know the world turns further and do you think we will fight for a thing where everyday a brown noiser put his offense comment to? Think about this. We know how hard it is to crack Cinavia and I do not think that this chinese opensoruce thiefs like DVDFab or Xilisoft will ever be able to develop those rocket science software.
    Supposed injunctions which I actually do believe but wouldn't it be nice if the Pixbyte website openly informed people of this being the reason for the 4 month delay? If the companies named turned down the request for help and didn't want the Pixbyte's unproven Cinavia removal snake oil then I find the whole delay and silence to be hysterical.
    From 1st. quoted paragraph: Slysoft, DVDFab, & Xilisoft also manufacture and sell hardware ??
    Say WHAT, or since WHEN ? That would be news to me . . . !

25. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    From 1st. quoted paragraph: Slysoft, DVDFab, & Xilisoft also manufacture and sell hardware ??
    Say WHAT, or since WHEN ? That would be news to me . . . !
    Yes, there is that, as well. It's pure comedy and truly truly amusing.

26. So if you "claim" to have broken Cinavia without any proof or releasing the actual "software" to do it, you get an injunction?

27. Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    So if you "claim" to have broken Cinavia without any proof or releasing the actual "software" to do it, you get an injunction?
    It does sound silly but I could see it. Cinavia is such a big deal is because enforcement is now mandatory in all newer players and it's the only protection left that the industry can fall back on that hasn't actually been "broken". Yet.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HemLok View Post
    Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    So if you "claim" to have broken Cinavia without any proof or releasing the actual "software" to do it, you get an injunction?
    It does sound silly but I could see it. Cinavia is such a big deal is because enforcement is now mandatory in all newer players and it's the only protection left that the industry can fall back on that hasn't actually been "broken". Yet.
    An injunction would be a bad move; whose to say the individuals would not leak the source code over the internet as a means to lash out thus defeating the company. The only possible solution her that would work in favor of the company would to but their company put them put them on the pay role and have them sign a nondisclosure. I seem top recall that is what happen with some other DVD decrypting software in the past.

But in any case Cinavia needs to go away, i back up all my moves to MKV on my HTPC so it currently is not a problem for me. But if i ever for some reason decide to back up to disk I'm screwed seems like all the latest movies Have that crap added "The Amazing-Spider Man" and " Man with the Iron Fist" come to mind.

When is Hollywood going to learn as long as they keep screwing over us who legitimately by their movies we will work vehemently to crack those protections. If they were to loosen their strangle hold and place protections such as Cinavia on rentals only they may see interest in cracking protections imposed on movies lessen to some degree. It seems that most of the pirates on torrents sites who release movie torrents are doing so from disk they rented.
    It seems that it would be easy to make an amendment to DMCA or pass a law that would make it illegal to copy rented material or to provide software that is capable of copying rented material. Provided the rental material uses a protection method that differs from material that is to be purchased by consumers.

This wouldn't prevent the problem but it may slow the bleeding. But alas i may be a bit naive.
    Last edited by dragonkeeper; 1st Mar 2013 at 10:28.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.

29. Member
    Search PM
    I asked them to provide a sample of a movie with Cinavia, and the same clip with the Cinavia removed. They have provided links if anyone is interested. http://club.myce.com/f94/cinavia-broken-pixbyte-329333/index6.html#post2679267

30. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    I asked them to provide a sample of a movie with Cinavia, and the same clip with the Cinavia removed. They have provided links if anyone is interested. http://club.myce.com/f94/cinavia-broken-pixbyte-329333/index6.html#post2679267
    Unfortunately, one of the links is/appears DEAD - and it's the CF (Cinavia Free?) version.

Although someone on another forum reports that it's working
    Last edited by mike20021969; 1st Mar 2013 at 10:54.