Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Cienoway View Post
    In another word this fundamentally effective processing method pronounces the end of the audio watermark industry for good.
    Even if you have successfully "remove" Cinavia (and I don't believe you have since you've provided no evidence) that will not put an end to Cinavia. CSS and AACS have been completely cracked yet virtually every disc still uses them. The master keys and algorithm for HDCP have been leaked, so anyone can generate HDCP client keys and decrypt HDCP protected content now, but HDCP is still required on almost all hardware. Hollywood never gives up on protection technologies once implemented.
    I have provided PROOF. Go to the myce forum and see for yourself.

Better yet download these two audio files to see for yourself. One is original with Cinavia, one is with Cinavia removed and audio quality pretty much crystal clear.

Movie30ML48K.mp3 (Original file, with Cinavia intact)
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/55B31D2B59300186

New30Mb.mp3 (new file, with Cinavia removed)
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/AF902E7FAD049591

(Moderator, if it is not appropriate to post links please remove them. I just wasn't sure.)

2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That doesn't prove anything,i can put up 2 files and say this is cinavia intact and the other is cinavia removed,you need more proof then that.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

3. Member
    Search PM
    Been coming here for years for advice. Finally wanted to share some.
    My best way around cinavia is get an older bluray player.
    I picked up an Insignia NS-WBRDVD2 on ebay for less than $50. Region free dvd/BD and plays just about any format I can download. (sometimes I run into an odd codec) Not the best quality, but will play anything. I never hooked this up to the internet for an upgrade. Doing so will change the firmware and disable the region free option. Not sure about the cinavia protection, but I don't really care. I have an LG 3D BD player for all the discs I buy.
    Earlier this year I finally bought an hdtv. An LG-47G2. (got it on clearance. I'm not rich.)
    Every video I download to a portable hard drive, hook this up via usb to the tv and it plays everything.
    These are my workarounds to copyright protection. Easy and fast. No more hours spent on the pc trying to crack bullshit protection.

I made my brother some bd data discs and he is not able to play cinavia encrypted files on his PS3. Keeps bitching to me. Not my problem. I told him what I do that works for me.
    Sure, I'd love to see cinavia finally get cracked so everything can play everything.
    Sites like Yify Torrents are great for the mainstream crap and kids movies, but most of the stuff I buy rarely ends up on the P2Ps or I really want the disc for superior audio and all of the extras.

Thank you

4. Originally Posted by Cienoway View Post
    Better yet download these two audio files to see for yourself. One is original with Cinavia, one is with Cinavia removed and audio quality pretty much crystal clear.

You're joking right? That sounds marginally better than some of the earlier attempts I've heard but randomly removing and duplicating ~15ms chunks of audio still makes the music sound terrible. Double drum beats, missing drum beats etc. Everyone knows you can "mask" Cinavia by horribly distorting the audio.

5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post

You're joking right? That sounds marginally better than some of the earlier attempts I've heard but randomly removing and duplicating ~15ms chunks of audio still makes the music sound terrible. Double drum beats, missing drum beats etc. Everyone knows you can "mask" Cinavia by horribly distorting the audio.
    Well, this is his latest attempt. The 1st one was bad. No joke. Don't we all start out stupid and become smarter

6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Anyway, I can't deny he has a point --- there is no point (no pun intended) in replacing MP3-recompressed garbage with DTSMA-recompressed garbage

7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post

Removing any audio from 1 second 1ms-1000ms is the problem... this creates "unsync" so replacing the gap would make sense...that's genius. "can't believe no one has ever thought about this."...if we had more people like that no one would work at fast food.

8. Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    Removing any audio from 1 second 1ms-1000ms is the problem... this creates "unsync" so replacing the gap would make sense...that's genius.
    Hardly. It's trivially obvious. Nobody does it because it destroys the audio quality.

9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by elektrolad View Post
    Been coming here for years for advice. Finally wanted to share some.
    My best way around cinavia is get an older bluray player.
    I picked up an Insignia NS-WBRDVD2 on ebay for less than $50. Region free dvd/BD and plays just about any format I can download. (sometimes I run into an odd codec) Not the best quality, but will play anything. I never hooked this up to the internet for an upgrade. Doing so will change the firmware and disable the region free option. Not sure about the cinavia protection, but I don't really care. I have an LG 3D BD player for all the discs I buy.
    I have this player too and it's region free. Yes, you are right that updating the firmware will remove region free capability but unless things have changed since I last tested it, this player does allow you to downgrade firmware back to region free mode. It does not recognize Cinavia if it's got the region free firmware, but on the downside (for me at least) it also does not recognize BD-R LTH discs in this mode. Can't have everything I suppose.

10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    Removing any audio from 1 second 1ms-1000ms is the problem... this creates "unsync" so replacing the gap would make sense...that's genius.
    Hardly. It's trivially obvious. Nobody does it because it destroys the audio quality.
    This.

It's going to take a better "solution" than this for most of us.

11. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post

True. At 1st he was using a 15ms crackle from LP but and now its something else. It's all a matter of "get it done" and they always release something that is half assed. Anyway, this doesn't sound like a simple task.

drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    It does not recognize Cinavia if it's got the region free firmware, but on the downside (for me at least) it also does not recognize BD-R LTH discs in this mode. Can't have everything I suppose.
    Well, a vintage, un-updated Oppo BD-93 or 95 gets you a hell of a lot closer to having everything (incl. the ability to play many ISOs), albeit at a rather steep price.

.Anyway, this doesn't sound like a simple task.
    Nor an impossible one, either. Improbable perhaps. As has been noted before, devoting the kind of resources and effort required to actually accomplish this is unlikely to be justified by the financial upside of doing it. Especially when you consider that it will have to come out of somewhere like Russia or China, that is litigation-proof.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.

13. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Anyone know how to do that in Audacity...or any program for that matter...just to kill some time.

14. Banned
    Search Comp PM

Anyone know how to do that in Audacity...or any program for that matter...just to kill some time.
    WTH????

YOU are the person who posted in post #152 in this thread on how to mess up the audio to defeat Cinavia. And now you claim you don't know how to do it? OK....

15. Theres a diference between adding alot of eco and removing 15ms of audio to the track per second...sounds like an interesting idea. Don't mind degrading the video this is just for sport.

16. Come on then, Cienoway. Everyone is still waiting for your earth shattering method of DEFEATING Cinavia.

17. I've already told you what he's done. You can look at the before and after waveforms and it's pretty obvious. I can't verify that it makes Cinavia undetectable (or even that the source contains Cinavia) because I don't have anything to test it with.
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Nov 2013 at 17:45.

18. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I've already told you what he's done. You can look at the before and after waveforms and it's pretty obvious. I can't verify that it makes Cinavia undetectable (or even that the source contains Cinavia) because I don't have anything to test it with.
    I have a good idea...why not point out what software can be used to duplicate what hes done. Some instructions would be nice, so we can test it. And I will personally verify it. And you will get all the credits.

P.S. FYI this individual has no plans to tells us how its done....his plans are to code a Cinavia removal app. And its not guaranteed to be free.

19. You can do the basic cut/past operations with any audio editor ( I used Audacity to examine the supplied MP3 files). Of course it will take you forever to do this to an entire movie by hand, or even a 25 minute sample. I'm not aware of any software that does this exact type of operation automatically. But I don't do a lot of audio editing -- so there may be an editor with scripting capabilities that could be used. Or maybe you could mix in lots of heavy clicks and pops then use a smart click/pop removal filter, or a process something like that.

Note that Cienoway doesn't just cut/paste at completely random locations -- that would cause clicks at many of the cuts. He probably looks for zero crossings or wave peaks to minimize discontinuities. And probably looks for repetitive waveforms that can be shortened or lengthened by a few cycles. And at silent stretches where bits can be removed or duplicated without harming the quality. Maybe he does a little smoothing at the cuts too.
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Nov 2013 at 21:04.

20. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You can do the basic cut/past operations with any audio editor ( I used Audacity to examine the supplied MP3 files). Of course it will take you forever to do this to an entire movie by hand, or even a 25 minute sample. I'm not aware of any software that does this exact type of operation automatically. But I don't do a lot of audio editing -- so there may be an editor with scripting capabilities that could be used. Or maybe you could mix in lots of heavy clicks and pops then use a smart click/pop removal filter, or a process something like that.

Note that Cienoway doesn't just cut/paste at completely random locations -- that would cause clicks at many of the cuts. He probably looks for zero crossings or wave peaks to minimize discontinuities. And probably looks for repetitive waveforms that can be shortened or lengthened by a few cycles. And at silent stretches where bits can be removed or duplicated without harming the quality. Maybe he does a little smoothing at the cuts too.
    I came across "Variable Duration Silent generator & another one called Silence Finder / Generator" plugins for Audacity...do you think they would be useful at all? And also Frequency smoothing?

21. The Cinavia has defeated the Cienoway.
    Cienoway, time for you to bow down and say "Hail! Long Live King Cinavia!

22. Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    I came across "Variable Duration Silent generator & another one called Silence Finder / Generator" plugins for Audacity...do you think they would be useful at all? And also Frequency smoothing?
    I doubt it. You'll probably have to write your own program. And you'll want that Cinavia file that triggers Cinavia detection within seconds so you'll have a much faster turnaround time. Having to wait 20 minutes to test each variation of your method means it will take you forever to zero in on what works.

23. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I doubt it. You'll probably have to write your own program. And you'll want that Cinavia file that triggers Cinavia detection within seconds so you'll have a much faster turnaround time. Having to wait 20 minutes to test each variation of your method means it will take you forever to zero in on what works.
    I am gonna tell you something you likely didn't know about the Cinavia detection in the PS3/Bluray players....when the 20 minute grace period has reached, the console will start muting without no grace period remorse. An example is....lets say you stop playback after the warning has displayed and comeback an hour later...the warning will continue to display instantly without grace period. This occurs until 5 hours has elapsed. Within the 5 hours it allows an opportunity to probe the device for Cinavia.

24. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    currently there is no way to remove cinavia, only bypass it
    there are several bluray players that currently don't have cinavia detection put in by the manufacture.
    On Nov. 12, 2013, a user by the name Cienoway claims to have invented a simple method to cleanly remove Cinavia with no noticeable audio quality degradation.[16] On Nov. 24, 2013, someone by the name MacroVision3500 confirmed that the Cinavia break indeed works.[17] Cienoway also provided two 30 minutes audio clips for people to confirm, a cinavia embedded original[18] and a Cinavia removed new file.[19]

25. Only there is noticeable audio quality degradation

26. Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    PS3/Bluray players....when the 20 minute grace period has reached, the console will start muting without no grace period remorse.
    Even with a different disc? If so, that will be helpful. What about when playing MP4 files?

27. Originally Posted by razorwindmo46 View Post
    On Nov. 12, 2013, a user by the name Cienoway claims to have invented a simple method to cleanly remove Cinavia with no noticeable audio quality degradation.[16] On Nov. 24, 2013, someone by the name MacroVision3500 confirmed that the Cinavia break indeed works.[17] Cienoway also provided two 30 minutes audio clips for people to confirm, a cinavia embedded original[18] and a Cinavia removed new file.[19]
    Cienoway uploaded two files here

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/353091-How-to-remove-Cinavia-protection?p=2283946&v...=1#post2283946

and his Cinavia removal, though better then earlier attempts, is far from "no noticeable audio quality degradation".

28. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Even with a different disc? If so, that will be helpful. What about when playing MP4 files?
    The Cinavia watermark is the same on all discs/video files...so it has no way of knowing how to judge. So the message will continue to surface after the 20 minutes have been reached.
    Last edited by anon1000; 28th Nov 2013 at 10:55.

29. Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    PS3/Bluray players....when the 20 minute grace period has reached, the console will start muting without no grace period remorse.
    It applies to everything Cinavia infected.
    Then thank Sony for that gift!

30. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Then thank Sony for that gift!
    I came across a plugin for Audacity that seems promising called
    "Random Pitch Modulation" it changes the audio pitch every second at random...which causes the watermark to struggle. I believe with some fine tuning I could get lucky. You can use ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 6 which can be used to verify Cinavia infected titles. No need for a BD player or PS3.