FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    explain something for me please
    i understand that cinavia is an audio water mark
    also that bd hardware that does not have it , ignores it

what i don't seem to grasp is technical idea behind it

you make a disc copy and the audio shuts off when played on cinavia hardware,but plays ok on non-cinavia hardware

so it must be a two part system
    part one signals the hardware this is supposed to be a protected disc
    and if part two does not show up at the correct moment, audio is turned off

is this right, will a bd player that has cinavia play a disc that was made before cinavia was developed

i do not have a bd player or bd discs, for me this is an academic question , as i strive to understand whats taking place

could it be a digital date code,
    read date code then look for audio water mark
    maybe change date code so hardware does not look for water mark??
    Last edited by theewizard; 2nd Jul 2013 at 13:52. Reason: add more content

2. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    ...will a bd player that has cinavia play a disc that was made before cinavia was developed
    Yes, sure, both before and after, since even the majority of Blu-Ray releases these days aren't infected by Cinavia.

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    I think it's different, but as I'm not speaking from personal knowledge, if someone wants to say definitively that I'm wrong, they are welcome to do so. This is how I think it works, which is different and simpler than your explanation.

1) The player detects that it is playing a consumer burned disc (this is trivial for firmware to do) rather than a commercial pressed disc and sets some kind of variable to remember this.
    2) The disc identifies itself as containing Cinavia.
    3) With both #1 and #2 being true, the firmware orders a shutdown of playback and the display of an explanation related to Cinavia, although the shutdown seems to be anywhere from immediate to 10 minutes after playback starts.

4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    I think it's different, but as I'm not speaking from personal knowledge, if someone wants to say definitively that I'm wrong, they are welcome to do so. This is how I think it works, which is different and simpler than your explanation.

1) The player detects that it is playing a consumer burned disc (this is trivial for firmware to do) rather than a commercial pressed disc and sets some kind of variable to remember this.
    2) The disc identifies itself as containing Cinavia.
    3) With both #1 and #2 being true, the firmware orders a shutdown of playback and the display of an explanation related to Cinavia, although the shutdown seems to be anywhere from immediate to 10 minutes after playback starts.
    The Blu-ray implementation of Cinavia is designed to cover two use-cases: the first is the provision of a Cinavia watermark on all movie theater soundtracks released via film distribution networks; the second use-case is for the provision of a Cinavia watermark on all Blu-ray releases that points to the presence of an accompanying AACS key. If a "theatrical release" watermark is detected in a consumer Blu-ray audio track, the accompanying video is deemed to have been sourced from a "cam" recording. If the "AACS watermark" is present in the audio tracks, but no accompanying and matching AACS key is found on the disc, then it is deemed to have been a "rip" made by copying to a second blank Blu-ray disc.

From wikipedia.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay thank you for the explanations

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In order to hack the Cinavia watermark, it will have to be located and another inaudible watermark will have to be mixed with it in order to confuse the circuit that detects the watermark. I've already suggested to Fengtao Software to design an inaudible watermark that overlay the audio stream without causing alterations to the original sound. To overlay the Cinavia watermark should cause the receiver to be confused...just as if it were a radio signal being jammed.

7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    To do what you suggested you have to know the exact watermark flow and how it works,no one knows how to do that yet,as you said it will have to be located,it could be any type of signal so no go until it gets figured out.

8. Originally Posted by dvdsham View Post
    I've already suggested to Fengtao Software to design an inaudible watermark that overlay the audio stream without causing alterations to the original sound. To overlay the Cinavia watermark should cause the receiver to be confused...
    That's like suggesting to BMW that it might be a good idea to put wheels on a car. It's trivially obvious to anyone in that field.

9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think it's more like telling BMW to put anti-radar shielding on their cars if the problem was speeding tickets,they know about tires like dvdfab knows about the regular anti-copying techniques.

10. deleted.
    Last edited by Steve(MS); 4th Jul 2013 at 03:52. Reason: deleted due to reply to stupid software..that was thankfully deleted by admin.

11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is software !!
    i thought the discussion is Hardware
    my PC does not have a blueray disc, but i thought PC's did not incorporate cinavia
    i thought backed up discs played on the PC, but not on BD players, which is the problem

12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's just a spam message.

13. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    i thought PC's did not incorporate cinavia
    PC's don't care about Cinavia but licensed Blu-ray players running on PCs incorporate Cinavia detection.
    Last edited by jagabo; 4th Jul 2013 at 07:24.

14. I thought the forum discussion was about Cinavia, so posted the software information which does not care about it. All others have it incorporated like PowerDVD, WinDVD, TMT and others...I don't understand when somebody says 'this is software !!' When you create a legitimate backup disk of your movies, don't you use a software?? PC BD Players do care about Cinavia... even if anybody treat my post as spam!!
    Last edited by bluenilux; 4th Jul 2013 at 08:06.

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my mistake
    i don't use power dvd, or the others and don't own any blu ray discs
    i was unaware of those software players being 'licensed'

drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    To do what you suggested you have to know the exact watermark flow and how it works,no one knows how to do that yet,as you said it will have to be located,it could be any type of signal so no go until it gets figured out.

O.K., but I don't believe that any such schemes are impregnable, and cannot be defeated. Certainly, Cinavia has shown itself to be more formidable than various (mostly non-audio focused) methods that have preceded it. But it may just be that no one has been able or willing to devote the level of resources that would be necessary to beat it.

OTOH, did you ever expect to see that master encryption key (AACS ?) published, for all to see ? I wouldn't have bet on it.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.

17. Cinavia removal

1st download an app that converts video to audio...I would recommend
    Freemake Video Converter. then,
    get an program named Audacity open the mp3 audio converted in freemake
    and open the file in Audacity choose File>Open then Edit>Select>All
    then go to Effect>GVerb
    make sure to have the following config:

roomsize (m):1.0
    reverb time (s): 0.1
    Damping: 0.0
    Input Bandwidth: 0.20
    Dry Signal (db): -7.0
    Early reflection level (db): 0.0
    Tail Level: -17.5

save

then choose file export save as other uncompressed files then save...
    make sure to merge audio sources with freemake video converter.

Beaten.

18. It's easy to "beat" Cinavia. Many people have done it. The problem is the quality of the audio after "treatment". The GVerb filter above leaves the audio sounding like it was recorded from a TV playing in a tiny bathroom a block away. Increasing the playback speed by about 1.5x also works. These aren't acceptable solutions. Though they offer some small hints as to the nature of Cinavia.

19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    OH MY GOD HE'S DONE IT!!!!!!

AND it's the same damn thing he posted 2 days ago!!!!!
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/353091-How-to-remove-Cinavia-protection?p=2251702&v...=1#post2251702

Oy Vey!!!

20. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    And I still don't know WTF "convert video to audio" or mp3 compression has to do with neutralizing Cinavia...

Last edited by El Heggunte; 4th Jul 2013 at 17:38. Reason: bash more :-)

21. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Reason: bash more

22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    And I still don't know WTF "convert video to audio"
    That was the first thing I noticed also when reading it....
    But I figured I was doing enough and just left that alone...

LOL!!!

23. Cinavia is a protection on a dying format. No one and I say no one because I believe that time is money and no one is going to code a program to decrypt Cinavia when its no longer going to be a problem in the near future when Streaming video comes to all parts of the world. You may say to yourself, DVDs are here to stay. You may be correct or NOT. DVDs will disappear into the past like other formats and you wont even to be able to buy a computer with an internal DVD player, people who have DVD collections will have to buy an external USB 3 player and be happy they still have that option. I have a few DVD standalones, including an older OPPO that I paid a lot of money for in 2009 ( 499.99) it doesn't detect Cinavia as long as I do not let it connect to the internet for a firmware update, there are still thousands of players you can use for less 100USD, that do not detect this attempt at stopping people that legally own their media and making a backup. Its really sad.

24. Hmm, it does seem that any "solution" that degrades the audio is no solution at all. How long has Cinavia been out now? Evidently it's a very difficult proposition.

Perhaps, as some have said, the incentive to definitively beat Cinavia is insufficient.

I have 3 pre-Cinavia standalones and don't use them much any more, except for very occasionally playing 3D Blu-Rays on my LG BD670. Two of my TVs have a pretty good onboard media player that can play H.264 MKVs from external hard drives. If they didn't, I would have bought a couple media players like the WDTV by now, for the convenience of not having to handle physical discs. Then there's my HTPC in the home theater. Finally, although I don't care much for it myself, it seems a lot of folks are satisfied with Netflix, HuluPlus, and the like.

I buy a good many Blu-Rays and encode my own MKVs. I don't think Blu-Ray is going away any time soon, but look how slow the adoption rate has been.

Anyway, Cinavia concerns me not at all.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ah yes, alan1476 has the old "Streaming will kill all media" gambit to play. Too bad there are lots of problems with that.

1) This thinking mostly comes from Americans who are currently undergoing some sort of mass hysteria about "clutter". That plus the old "Everybody in the world thinks the same as me" bs that permeates American thinking (I am American so I'm allowed to say that) leads to the inescapable conclusion that the entire world is struggling mightily to be allowed to stream, but if only they didn't live in such backwards countries as "every country that isn't the USA" then they could stream to their hearts' content and all problems would be solved. The only problem is that you can't stream everything and some people do want to buy stuff.
    2) Audio CDs are still here despite over a decade of "The CD will die any day now". Business Week just ran an article about how sales are actually increasing in Japan as Japan has a found a way to entice people to buy physical product by including chances to meet artists in person and you cannot take advantage of those opportunities with digital downloads as they physical CDs contain tickets for such meetings you can only get by buying the physical product.
    3) VCDs are still around, despite TWO higher quality formats (DVD and BD) overtaking them in the regions where they are sold.

That 'You won't even able to buy a computer with an internal DVD player" was a nice touch, although that's very like to be more bs outside of the Apple world.

Want to know why "Streaming will kill physical media" is complete and utter bs? Are you a member of Netflix and live in the USA? Try to stream any "Taken" or "Hangover" movie from Netflix. Case closed.

drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Ah yes, alan1476 has the old "Streaming will kill all media" gambit to play. Too bad there are lots of problems with that.

1) This thinking mostly comes from Americans who are currently undergoing some sort of mass hysteria about "clutter". That plus the old "Everybody in the world thinks the same as me" bs that permeates American thinking (I am American so I'm allowed to say that) leads to the inescapable conclusion that the entire world is struggling mightily to be allowed to stream, but if only they didn't live in such backwards countries as "every country that isn't the USA" then they could stream to their hearts' content and all problems would be solved. The only problem is that you can't stream everything and some people do want to buy stuff.
    . . .
    That 'You won't even able to buy a computer with an internal DVD player" was a nice touch, although that's very like to be more bs outside of the Apple world.

Want to know why "Streaming will kill physical media" is complete and utter bs? Are you a member of Netflix and live in the USA? Try to stream any "Taken" or "Hangover" movie from Netflix. Case closed.
    Given the widely prevalent level of 'Net infrastructure here in the good 'ol USA, I can't help but think that alan1476's view of streaming and its future here -- at least the foreseeable future -- amounts to a pipe dream and a laugher. I upgraded my internet setup here from older-'G' to very good dual-radio 'N', yet I still can't get complete playback without recurrent stutter or outright freezing when trying to stream-play some of the more popular music videos from the YT interface of DirecTV. (If they happened to be on, say, FUSE On Demand via DirecTV, accessed through the very same hardware setup, I could at least download them to the receiver's HDD. But a clean streaming, straight through: Forget It !)

I've all but given up on streaming Netflix, at least during primetime hours, in either of two possible locations, one of which is a bedroom straight across from the office with the router. (For internet service, I'm using Time Warner Cable.) A movie will hiccup repeatedly, more often sooner than later, before it gives up completely with an error message from NF. While it is possible that there remains some as yet unidentified tech deficiency at work in my setup, it is a higher probability that the issue is actually one of net congestion at higher demand times, or problems at the NF or DTV ends. This generally squares with reports that I get from others. Again, some problem here fails to explain why I can download something completely in a very reasonable amount of time, without error, and then play it (this is the longtime On Demand standard for DTV, even though they have since added 'Watch Now' options for their later model receivers), but not stream, over the very same hardware. I haven't bothered much with the 'Watch Now' option -- streaming, by another name -- since getting the replacement receivers, because its performance seems to be on a par with the YT or NF examples.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.

27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree that there is still a good market for physical media. According to a recent NY Times op ed piece I read, 1/3 of US households don't have high speed Internet service at home. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/opinion/how-to-get-high-speed-internet-to-all-americans.html Some of those households have access to on-demand video rental from their cable service provider, but they can't use Netflix or Amazon, so the only way for any of them to buy a movie is on physical media.

28. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Da_maestro View Post
    Here is a way to 100% fix cinavia. Try it and let me know what you think.

http://www.disney.com/
    Me thinx u r a zpammer
    Last edited by Baldrick; 9th Jul 2013 at 03:44. Reason: Don't quote spammers

29. Originally Posted by gpharman View Post
    I have an IQ of 144, so yes, I am a smartass.
    Lol 144 IQ ... that is hardly smart... hahha
    lowering bar to very low standards aren't we?

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    And I still don't know WTF "convert video to audio"
    Clearly you don't understand anon1000's post. It is obvious what he means and why he thinks his post is relevant to Cinavia.

He has severe synesthesia, consequently he see's sounds and hears images.

I don't think I want to know how he smells things.