VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    okay guys I think I broke it...download an app named "gom player" & use a screen recorder...adjust the playback audio to 0.7....and it will make it cinavia free.
    It's well known that sufficient distortion will circumvent Cinavia (or any other kind of watermark) detection. But who want's to watch their movies at 70 percent the normal speed?
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th May 2013 at 09:39.

2. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    okay guys I think I broke it...download an app named "gom player" & use a screen recorder...adjust the playback audio to 0.7....and it will make it cinavia free.
    It's well known that sufficient distortion will circumvent Cinavia (or any other kind of watermark) detection. But who want's to watch their movies at 70 the normal speed?
    0.7 is very close to 1.0...it might not be enjoyable but it will be acceptable to some people.
    ...but thats the price people will pay for putting up with this DRM...
    Another method I learned was slowing the audio to 0.8 and enhancing the audio using DFX version 9 or lower.
    can eliminate the watermark as well.
    if we are like most people... just use a cinavia free machine and move on.
    Last edited by anon1000; 10th May 2013 at 14:11.

drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    if we are like most people... just use a cinavia free machine and move on.
    I do and I have done so.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.

4. It seems the Slysoft development team have made progress. I quote James (8th May):

'I am just saying, that the "Cinavia Removal Team(tm)" had a major breakthrough, and I am quite confident that we will have a working "Cinavia go away" module ready soon(er or later). If the "Kick Slyce finally out the door team(tm)" needs even more time, there is a good chance that the first Slyce version might have the "Cinavia go away" module.'

Read into that what you will.The time scale for releases at Slysoft seems to include an infinity clause.

5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's well known that sufficient distortion will circumvent Cinavia (or any other kind of watermark) detection. But who want's to watch their movies at 70 percent the normal speed?
    0.7 (slow & close to actual speed) is bellow the actual speed...after 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0....1.0 being normal playback...not trying to sound mean just me
    explaining it more easier to understand for future reference.

6. Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    explaining it more easier to understand for future reference.
    No one has any trouble understanding.
    0.7 (slow & close to actual speed)
    Not close to the actual speed at all. It's ridiculously slow. It's watching a 24fps movie at less than 17fps. It's a 2 hour long movie taking nearly 3 hours to complete. Have you actually done this?

If your method really works, maybe try slowing the audio to .7 and then speeding it back up to normal length and see if the Cinavia is still not detected (probably not).

7. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Not close to the actual speed at all. It's ridiculously slow. It's watching a 24fps movie at less than 17fps. It's a 2 hour long movie taking nearly 3 hours to complete. Have you actually done this?

If your method really works, maybe try slowing the audio to .7 and then speeding it back up to normal length and see if the Cinavia is still not detected (probably not).
    amen...it will take more time...
    when experimenting I started from 1.0, 0.9, and downwards...until 0.7 it didn't trigger any messages.

Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post

It seems the Slysoft development team have made progress. I quote James (8th May):

'I am just saying, that the "Cinavia Removal Team(tm)" had a major breakthrough, and I am quite confident that we will have a working "Cinavia go away" module ready soon(er or later). If the "Kick Slyce finally out the door team(tm)" needs even more time, there is a good chance that the first Slyce version might have the "Cinavia go away" module.'

Read into that what you will.The time scale for releases at Slysoft seems to include an infinity clause.
    I actually spoke to them several days ago about enhancing the audio...

8. Now we have Cinavia Level 3.

'Audio watermark blocks playback of pirated movies and sends viewers to digital retailers to access titles legally'.

So, does this mean it sends a record of what you're watching AND let's the studios record the IP address?
    How can they possibly know if it's a private back up? Is this invasion of privacy?
    I hope they just shot themselves in the footwith this one.
    http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/new-ant-piracy-software-uses-power-of-suggestion-1200481389/

9. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Now we have Cinavia Level 3.

'Audio watermark blocks playback of pirated movies and sends viewers to digital retailers to access titles legally'.

So, does this mean it sends a record of what you're watching AND let's the studios record the IP address?
    Probably.

How can they possibly know if it's a private back up?
    They can't. And they don't care. It's their opinion that you don't have the right to make backup copies. And so far the Librarian of Congress and DMCA agree with them.

Is this invasion of privacy?
    Yes. But the click through license you agree to by simply watching the video will allow them to collect whatever information they want!

10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Now we have Cinavia Level 3.

How can they possibly know if it's a private back up? Is this invasion of privacy?
    I hope they just shot themselves in the footwith this one.
    The article simply says that if Cinavia gets triggered to stop playback, it directs the user to a way to pay to watch the film in an authorized manner. The article says nothing about it sending any records of what you are watching, although it doesn't explicitly say it doesn't. You may or may not be reading too much into that.

It's unlikely that this first world problem unique to North America will cause any more problems than some 15 year old freaking out because his/her cell phone lost power and they are now "cut off" from their friends. Cinavia is barely used at best outside of North America. And let's be realistic here - exactly what percentage of users do you REALLY think are watching private backups of discs they bought? The DCMA, which is still the law of the USA, does NOT authorize home users to make backups, so strictly speaking even if you do buy the disc and your backup doesn't work, you currently have no room for complaining.

Americans in general are becoming obsessive compulsive about "clutter". Good grief man, it's getting harder all the time to find people who actually still have the discs they bought, let alone worry about the insignificant few who really are making duplicate copies for whatever reason of discs they really bought. The fact that you or some other person here really does this in no way means that the majority of Americans do the same thing.

11. Ok. Maybe I sensationalized it a tad, although, as I understand it, most sites record IP addresses.
    It does make me wonder how long it will be before they decide to lock a person out of their own player.
    The whole game is getting ridiculous.

Search Comp PM
    What about the hundreds of thousands of people who don't have their gear connected to the Internet let alone even an email address - may seem improbable for anyone living the First World but! Here in Sydney I know several people who don't have Internet and are not interested but do have Blu-Ray and DVD collections and even a film projector at home... including a Remington Typewriter for letters!!!

And then there is the Third World..........
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851

13. Whoa! Don't shoot the messenger. It was a news item I thought relevant enough to bring to others attention.
    For the record, I don't possess a blue-ray player anymore, and I never will again while they enforce Cinavia.
    This potential for IP tracking I thought was one step too far, is all. The MPAA is not above making an example of somebody.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 18th May 2013 at 03:44.

14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    netmask56 - The talked about internet redirection thing is only for North American consumers as iTunes, etc. generally aren't authorized to sell outside of North America. Again, Cinavia is rarely if ever used outside of North America. I don't want to say it's not ever used outside of North America as the moment I do that, someone will cite one disc sold elsewhere that uses it. But this is really and truly an issue for people in the USA and Canada and not much of a problem anywhere else.
    P.S. People that deliberately don't have the internet probably aren't making "illegal" copies of discs anyway. No worries.
    Last edited by jman98; 18th May 2013 at 07:23. Reason: add ps

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only people who I feel at all sorry for are those who make "safety copies" of their legally purchased movies because they have family members who routinely ruin their original discs, but can only use a DVD player or Blu-Ray player because they lack the ability to use a media player or computer for some reason.

Everybody else has other alternatives available to them for avoiding problems with Cinavia, and some have little reason for complaint because they never purchased the movie in the first place.

Search Comp PM
    yeah, cinavia is bad as that rootkit sony silently installed on peoples computers when playing a legit cd.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303

17. Did any of you guys noticed this...? This is my observation.
    Earlier PowerDVD 12 used to bug with cinavia messages for the back-up discs being played.

Now when we have PowerDVD 13 in place along with 12, 13 keeps bugging with cinavia while 12 stopped bothering us...
    So, PowerDVD 12 now plays all the back-up discs perfectly fine..!!

18. A I understand it, the original version of PowerDVD 12 was released one day before Cinavia support became mandatory so it did not included Cinavia detection. Later updates added it.

19. That's true, but in my case 12 used to stop audio for cinavia...just stopped doing that once 13 was installed in parallel. So now when we have both 12 and 13 side by side...13 stops the audio while 12 plays it fine... 12 has changed its behavior very recently...!

20. Originally Posted by bluenilux View Post
    That's true, but in my case 12 used to stop audio for cinavia...just stopped doing that once 13 was installed in parallel. So now when we have both 12 and 13 side by side...13 stops the audio while 12 plays it fine... 12 has changed its behavior very recently...!
    I see. Odd!

21. Another observation, the movie file (.m2ts) when remuxed to mkv keeping AVC and only the DTS-HD audio track (English with cinavia) played through PowerDVD 13 which did mute the same audio stream when played from the back-up disc. Per wiki...cinavia should have survived!!

22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bluenilux View Post
    Another observation, the movie file (.m2ts) when remuxed to mkv keeping AVC and only the DTS-HD audio track (English with cinavia) played through PowerDVD 13 which did mute the same audio stream when played from the back-up disc. Per wiki...cinavia should have survived!!
    Technically no licensed BluRay software player is required to enforce Cinavia on anything that's not a BluRay disc. However, given how Cyberlink has consistently gone above and beyond what their Sith Lords in Hollywood have demanded in terms of consumer unfriendly steps, I am surprised to read that.

23. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Technically no licensed BluRay software player is required to enforce Cinavia on anything that's not a BluRay disc.
    Do you have a definitive source for that claim?

24. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Technically no licensed BluRay software player is required to enforce Cinavia on anything that's not a BluRay disc. However, given how Cyberlink has consistently gone above and beyond what their Sith Lords in Hollywood have demanded in terms of consumer unfriendly steps, I am surprised to read that.
    TMT6 did recognize the audio stream from the MKV, PowerDVD13 plays it nice and fine...so it can be considered better for playing the back-ups remuxed in MKV containers

25. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    I do wish that they had left the format unchanged though. The Cinavia file is xvid avi, with mp3 audio. Changing formats will not remove the Cinavia of course, but if they had left both files with DTS HD MA audio, there would be fewer questions on source. As it is, they could have one file containing Cinavia from a blu ray, and the second a conversion from a dvd that does not have Cinavia.
    Where did you get that? DVDfab cinavia blog ...?
    Both DVD NTSC & bluray version have the cinavia watermark. There has been a lot of movies that have been over looked, that has cinavia and its not on the list.

26. Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    Where did you get that? DVDfab cinavia blog ...?
    Both DVD NTSC & bluray version have the cinavia watermark. There has been a lot of movies that have been over looked, that has cinavia and its not on the list.
    Even if the NTSC DVD also has Cinavia they could have taken the audio from an international release. It's been over six months now and DVD Ranger still hasn't delivered. There's no reason to believe their claims.

27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone tried this?

http://cinxsoftware.com/download.html

28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dilfatx View Post
    read the posts on facebook---- it doesn't work!!!

29. Anyone wanna try this:

Cinavia removal

1st download an app that converts video to audio...I would recommend
    Freemake Video Converter. then,
    get an program named Audacity open the mp3 audio converted in freemake
    and open the file in Audacity choose File>Open then Edit>Select>All
    then go to Effect>GVerb
    make sure to have the following config:

roomsize (m):1.0
    reverb time (s): 0.1
    Damping: 0.0
    Input Bandwidth: 0.20
    Dry Signal (db): -7.0
    Early reflection level (db): 0.0
    Tail Level: -17.5

save

then choose file export save as other uncompressed files then save...
    make sure to merge audio sources with freemake video converter.

30. Originally Posted by anon1000 View Post
    Anyone wanna try this:

Cinavia removal

1st download an app that converts video to audio...I would recommend
    Freemake Video Converter. then,
    get an program named Audacity open the mp3 audio converted in freemake
    and open the file in Audacity choose File>Open then Edit>Select>All
    then go to Effect>GVerb
    make sure to have the following config:

roomsize (m):1.0
    reverb time (s): 0.1
    Damping: 0.0
    Input Bandwidth: 0.20
    Dry Signal (db): -7.0
    Early reflection level (db): 0.0
    Tail Level: -17.5

save

then choose file export save as other uncompressed files then save...
    make sure to merge audio sources with freemake video converter.
    Who cares if it works or not? It sounds so bad nobody in their right mind would use it.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/357132-Cinavia-removal-technique